• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Has anyone experienced "sticky steering" with their 2023 Civic Type R?

getGroyped

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Please read this article for context:
https://www.thedrive.com/news/new-h...egras-under-investigation-for-sticky-steering

The article says the 2022-2023 Civics are affected and I don't know if that includes our beloved 2023 Civic Type R. I know that our cars use a lot of the same parts, but maybe we have different steering components given that our car is built for racing.

Please let us know if you have experienced this "sticky steering" issue with your 2023 Civic Type R.
Sponsored

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Thank you for the heads up. Steering feels okay as of now...

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
https://www.thedrive.com/news/new-h...egras-under-investigation-for-sticky-steering

The article says the 2022-2023 Civics are affected and I don't know if that includes our beloved 2023 Civic Type R. I know that our cars use a lot of the same parts, but maybe we have different steering components given that our car is built for racing.

Please let us know if you have experienced this "sticky steering" issue with your 2023 Civic Type R.

Better Not happen with my CTR... the responsive steering is one of the key reasons i bought the car! :drive:

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c

Be'en

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
While we don't have a Type R, we are driving a '23 Si. Just this week we took it to our dealer related specifically to this 'sticky steering' feel...of course they said there wasn't an issue, and we simply weren't used to the firmer feel of firmer Si steering. I showed them posted issues...they said they'd keep me posted. Not holding my breath...

FL5CW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R

The bulletin excludes Type R. And I have yet to hear of a Type R with this issue.

Dennis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic e:Hev
Thanks for this update.
Sticky steering sadly affects even our FL4 Civics manufactured in Japan, but Honda in Europe seems clueless and hasn't provided a technical bulletin for their workshops yet.

Savannah@TSP

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, ‘20 FC4 (sold)
As far as I'm aware, it excludes the FL5.

Savannah@TSP

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, ‘20 FC4 (sold)

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
FE1 here in the USDM.
Japanese market goes to FL4? Is there a Si hatch?
You’re right. I was mixed up. FL4 is a JDM hatch model, not the Si. 🙂

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I would assume the Type R rack and other steering components are unique. Guess we could look on the dream shop for verification.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I would assume the Type R rack and other steering components are unique. Guess we could look on the dream shop for verification.
This, the issue with the civic power steering is caused by a gearbox on the EPS rack. The FL5 does not use that specific gearbox. The entire power steering system is unique to the Type R.
Sponsored

Last edited: