• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Has anyone experienced "sticky steering" with their 2023 Civic Type R?

t0rdep

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type r FL5
2023 type r FL5 car is in 12k miles and been experiencing it for the past 1000 miles more obvious with cold weather but hard to reproduce at the dealer although Honda reading has a few fl5 with similar problems registered. Found out today that if you turn the car on without starting it and move the steering left and right you can feel it stepping as it does when showing the sticky steering problem, so itā€™s mechanical not electrical and likely the eps gearbox. Tried the same on a fl5 not showing the sticking steering problem and the same movement is smooth and the steering doesnā€™t step with the car engine off, now to try and convince Honda uk of that.

Kfo_cpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RDX
I have a 23 type r and have this issue. It seems to start after driving on the highway or longer timeframes. Itā€™s very annoying. Iā€™m going to bring it to Honda and see, but itā€™s going to be hard to produce the issue for dealer.

Kfo_cpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RDX
FL5 Type R owner here. Iā€™ve 100% experienced the issue today on the motorway/highway. When cruising and a minor adjustment is require the steering becomes ā€˜stickyā€™ and requires a more firm input, meaning you overcompensate. Itā€™s a very subtle issue, but becomes frustrating after a while.

You need to be on long straight stretches of road to experience the problem.

Iā€™m in touch with my dealer for them to investigateā€¦
Hi - did the dealer fix the issue? I have the same problem in my 23 type r.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I've never had this issue on my 2023 FL5 but I have noticed that when I first turn the wheel after starting the car it makes a clicking sound/feeling. I assume it's the steering lock disengaging or something. I figured it was normal.