• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Honda Closing UK Swindon Plant in 2022

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
Hopefully, by the time they close Swindon plan, they'll finally give Si the 2.0L engine (and tricky suspension bits), so us Canadians don't have to worry about where the next Type-R is going to be built.
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
@NoHonor937 is not belittling anybody, so calm down. He's simply pointing out facts. ANYBODY can line up a hole, put a bolt through it, and use a tool to secure it. That is all there is to assembling a car.

You wouldn't believe the hoops I have to jump through as a designer to make sure that any idiot with two hands can put together the part assemblies I design. Loose parts are a last resort. Everything has to be captive or push in or it won't be accepted by manufacturing.

Nobody is saying that these workers are stupid, worthless, or whatever other words you're putting into our mouths. We're simply saying anybody can learn how to do that job in a very short time.

SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )
Actually I do know these people as I work in a damn factory for a car company. You could walk in to to my factory and I could teach you how to assemble a strut and run it through a machine in an hour. That’s unskilled labor. An electricition, plumber, mechanic are all classified as skilled labor. They would hire a monkey off the street if it graduated high school. Everything in that factory is standardized for a unskilled worker to perform the job. If you can get into a car and drive to work then you qualify to work in a factory. Anyone who’s ever worked in one that didn’t require any specific qualifications would tell you the same. Working at McDonald’s requires more skill and IQ than a factory. And as I’ve done both I am completely qualified to make that assessment.
Well, F&$% that! Here's the B-I-R-D! I have more respect for my fellow man, no matter who, what, where he or she came from! It's you mate, you got issues. You just said you're in the same boat but you got smoke for your colleagues. Go straight home from work, do you? Guess you don't stop at the pub and have a pint with your mates. Your soul is corrupt! Perhaps some of those "MEN" ( With RESPECT ) voted for Brexit but knowing what I know about politics and unions, I'd bet a pint that they were misled and lied to. Better delete your post before someday one of your colleagues sees what you had to say. They'll put a Chelsea smile on your face.

SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )