• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I’ll just park next to you thank you

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
I remember many years ago maybe 25 and 1/4 😝 years ago.
I took my GF to the store and I had a 71 triumph TR6 factory hard top black rag top . Just had it painted and the British flags put on the rear fenders. Anyway she just needed to run In real quick and get something so I grabbed the most “convenient “spot nice and close for her and I waited in the car. Well here comes this little old lady from Pasadena lol in this old beat up Caddy and parks right next to me . I’m watching in my side mirror as she flings open her door and my car rocks side to side 😳 as her door slams into my car . I get out and there is a nice dent in my door . I confront her and she starts yelling at me saying she may be old but she is not blind and didn’t hit my car. I just shook my head I actually felt bad for her and got back in my car 🤣.
Since then I never park were it’s convenient and yes I sleep much better and so do my cars 🍻
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I took my GF to the store and I had a 71 triumph TR6 factory hard top black rag top . Just had it painted and the British flags put on the rear fenders. Anyway she just needed to run In real quick and get something so I grabbed the most “convenient “spot nice and close for her and I waited in the car. Well here comes this little old lady from Pasadena lol in this old beat up Caddy and parks right next to me . I’m watching in my side mirror as she flings open her door and my car rocks side to side 😳 as her door slams into my car . I get out and there is a nice dent in my door . I confront her and she starts yelling at me saying she may be old but she is not blind and didn’t hit my car. I just shook my head I actually felt bad for her and got back in my car 🤣.
Since then I never park were it’s convenient and yes I sleep much better and so do my cars 🍻
wow talk about composure - In my mind - “now listen here grandma, here is how this is going down” lol

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
wow talk about composure - In my mind - “now listen here grandma, here is how this is going down” lol
If I didn’t respect my elders I would of jap slapped her and got her in a arm bar then go to full mount to soften her up and then choke her out until she cried uncle 🤣

Last edited:

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
In all seriousness, if this happened to me I might be singing a different tune. We are all a product of our experiences. The "one time" I'm referencing happened to my wife's Macan and did make my blood pressure rise... but it also only cost about $150 to fix.

I just think it's funny to see people parked at the ass end of the lot like they're special. It's just not something I think about.

11th Gen Honda Civic I’ll just park next to you thank you 9hqMY0n

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I won't park at the far reaches of a parking lot, but will park with some space around me. I also won't park in an attention seeking way. On a recent occasion, I parked in space as the only car and came back to a family affair of sorts. ;)

11th Gen Honda Civic I’ll just park next to you thank you 1000022839

On another instance in the parking deck at work I parked in no man's land and returned to this gem. I'm sure the owner was happy to see an FL5 because this was early last year when there were very few on the road. After a long day of soul sucking meetings this was a good way to end the work day.

11th Gen Honda Civic I’ll just park next to you thank you 1000009314

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I won't park at the far reaches of a parking lot, but will park with some space around me. I also won't park in an attention seeking way. On a recent occasion, I parked in space as the only car and came back to a family affair of sorts. ;)

1000022839.jpg

On another instance in the parking deck at work I parked in no man's land and returned to this gem. I'm sure the owner was happy to see an FL5 because this was early last year when there were very few on the road. After a long day of soul sucking meetings this was a good way to end the work day.

1000009314.jpg
I want a green GT3 RS!!!!!!

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS

1000022839.jpg

1000009314.jpg
I see no problems here. Look for an open spot away from the plebes without thinking you're the King of Zamunda.

11th Gen Honda Civic I’ll just park next to you thank you giphy (7)

Also the bottom pic really highlights how much better looking the FL5 is than the FK8. LOL.

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R

1000022839.jpg

1000009314.jpg
For sure but sometimes you either have to park in the mix or way out there and there is no in between options .

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
In all seriousness, if this happened to me I might be singing a different tune. We are all a product of our experiences. The "one time" I'm referencing happened to my wife's Macan and did make my blood pressure rise... but it also only cost about $150 to fix.

I just think it's funny to see people parked at the ass end of the lot like they're special. It's just not something I think about.

9hqMY0n.gif
It’s definitely not because they think there special. Why would they park were nobody wants to and others are to lazy to walk that far ? It’s for one reason and that is they are trying to protect there car from idiots.
For sure my little old lady from Pasadena experience will definitely make you want to be more selective were you park 👍🏻
What I think is even funnier is when I go to Costco when I happen to take my FL5 which is rare . I’ll pull in with people driving around for 20 minutes trying to find a close spot because they are too lazy to walk. I’ll drive out to the edge of parking lot about a football field away and park. Then as I’m about ready to walk in the main entrance I’ll see the same cars still circling trying to get as close as they can because they didn’t want to walk lol.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
This thread reminded me of these pics I have of cars parked next to my old car where I used to work. People suck 😭

1000003330.png
1000003331.png
1000003332.png
That's horrible. I park the same way as you with favoring a curb if there isn't an alternative. I have had enough scratches and dings on vehicles to know that people just don't care.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I’m sure they thought nice ! Another car lover.
I do the same thing I’ll park as far away as possible and walk. Well worth it to
Me . This was my trip to Home Depot the other day and parked way off from the front doors on the side of the building with a nice little walk 😆👍🏻👊🏻

IMG_1684.jpeg
which sunvisor do you have? I have the same rigid ones for my other cars and they have enough space around them where it's not a pain to put on and take off.

But the Acura one is almost an exact fit and it's a PITA.

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
which sunvisor do you have? I have the same rigid ones for my other cars and they have enough space around them where it's not a pain to put on and take off.

But the Acura one is almost an exact fit and it's a PITA.
It’s a covercraft not sure which model but it was spendy but well worth it. It’s complete coverage but not a PTA . You just unfold it push it all the way down to the bottom of the windshield and lift up fold your visors down and your golden.

11th Gen Honda Civic I’ll just park next to you thank you IMG_1692
Sponsored