• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Name five things you like about the Type R and five things you would change...

Samurai1225

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Go for the Mishimoto. It seems a lot less the Radium tanks leak at center gasket, and people are using RTV sealant to stop the leaks. I haven’t seen any posts about leaks on the Mishi yet.
And correct- same designed part. That and the valve cover gasket are prone to leaks and have been for years but Honda saves a buck by not redesigning the parts.
Actually my Mishimoto tank arrives tomorrow. The installation looks pretty straight forward.
Sponsored

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
+
Brakes
Seats
Engine power curve
Turbo noises (requires open intake)
Excellent balance of ride comfort and suspension stiffness

-
Exhaust sound
Proper D shaped wheel
Front bumper camera or 360 please
More trunk lighting (available in other markets & DE5 has additional too)
Manual e-brake

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Change
  1. Better and more durable paint.
  2. More robust exhaust note.
  3. Less whimpy horn.
  4. Addition of a spare tire.
  5. Height-adjustable front passenger seat.

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Actually my Mishimoto tank arrives tomorrow. The installation looks pretty straight forward.
Added mine and it is a straight forward install. The only challenge I had was fully re-inserting the lower hose that required some patience.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
I don't know how you guys have the patience to take the time and energy to think and write out five things you like and dislike. Too tedious for me. ; )

VLJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R Boost Blue Pearl
Five more!

+

Lack of piano black anywhere in the interior. Thank god.

Crystal clear mirrors. Not a hint of vibration in any of the three.

The ability to change each of the Individual mode settings on the fly. No need to come to a stop. Can feel the differences immediately, in real time.

The configurability of the digital gauges. Love that I can ditch all the info on the two side displays, leaving only the cool yellow needles. Then, when I'm in the mood, the separate +R display is gorgeous.

The very meaningful, noticeable difference between Comfort, Sport, and +R. The steering feel is very different between them. The suspension behavior is clearly different. In so many other cars there is no major difference between the drive modes, but with the Type R it really is like having three different driving experiences, and with Individual mode you have the additional benefit of combining the best of each mode. Brilliant.

-

Minimal storage space up front. Small armest cubby, no additional cubbies. No sunglasses holder, even though it's there on the Type S.

Rear seats should match the front seats, as they do on the Type S.

Excessive road noise.

No lumbar control.

Digital, somewhat disconnected, sterile feeling from the powertrain, compared to the much more analog, visceral, engaging sound and feel of the ND2 Miata's shifter, NA motor, and overall sensory experience. Similar difference to the 911 Turbo S and GT3. The Turbo S is more powerful and faster, but the lighter GT3 with the 9K redline NA motor is more fun, and more satisfying.

Shingo Shoji

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - Championship White
2 - Seats
3 - Gear shift
4 - Looks/design
5 - Brakes

Dislikes