• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I’ll just park next to you thank you

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
This thread reminded me of these pics I have of cars parked next to my old car where I used to work. People suck 😭

1000003330.png
1000003331.png
1000003332.png
That’s messed up but I got you beat and a similar thing happened to me at my old job . If I can find the picture I’ll post it . I found out who it was and we had a little talk and he was apologetic at offered to move over and said he was just late to work🤨
Also I was on a corner spot so I hugged the other side were there was more room and he still came into my spot within inches of me. I was in my 23 lifted Tacoma …

11th Gen Honda Civic I’ll just park next to you thank you IMG_9773

11th Gen Honda Civic I’ll just park next to you thank you IMG_9774

11th Gen Honda Civic I’ll just park next to you thank you IMG_9772
Sponsored

Last edited:

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
It’s a covercraft not sure which model but it was spendy but well worth it. It’s complete coverage but not a PTA . You just unfold it push it all the way down to the bottom of the windshield and lift up fold your visors down and your golden.

IMG_1692.jpeg
I'm pretty sure the dealer ones are also made by covercraft. You're right, they're spendy but I've had them for every single one of our vehicles since it does a nice job of keeping the cabin cool out here in Southern California.

I have the dealer one for the ITS and I definitely need to get down in the corners for it to clear the top though. Not to mention having to manuever it over the display.

edit: just noticed your username and you're from socal too!

Last edited:

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
I'm pretty sure the dealer ones are also made by covercraft. You're right, they're spendy but I've had them for every single one of our vehicles since it does a nice job of keeping the cabin cool out here in Southern California.

I have the dealer one for the ITS and I definitely need to get down in the corners for it to clear the top though. Not to mention having to manuever it over the display.

edit: just noticed your username and you're from socal too!
Yes maybe so but not sure as this is only my second one. The first one I had in my 22 M240i and it was love at first sight and told myself I’d never own anything else. It really is a perfect fit there is no finagling around just unfold it and slide it all the way down and it fits like a glove. I know they are hand made so it could vary but both of mine were perfect.
Cool man yes so cal here to only a couple miles from the coast 👍🏻 I heard there is a cars and coffee in Irvine first Sunday of every month. At least there was a few months ago and I’m trying to get the details. But it would be awesome to meet up there sometime 👍🏻👊🏻

OP
OP
Ivy

Ivy

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25 Pilot T, 24 Boost Blue FL5, 04 325xi
This thread reminded me of these pics I have of cars parked next to my old car where I used to work. People suck 😭

1000003330.png
1000003331.png
1000003332.png
Yeah, seeing this def irks me. This happens at my job at least once a month.
The worst part is that, just like the cars pictured, they're parked in the wrong direction so It's driver door to driver door. Odds of a ding just increased two fold

us17094

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord 2.0T 6 speed
Yeah, seeing this def irks me. This happens at my job at least once a month.
The worst part is that, just like the cars pictured, they're parked in the wrong direction so It's driver door to driver door. Odds of a ding just increased two fold
Good point! One of the problems is that most drivers either don't know how to reverse into a parking spot or are too lazy to do it. When I got my learners permit I did the Young Drivers of Canada course and they drilled into all of us that you should always reverse into a parking spot when feasible. Approaching the spot to park you see all hazards around you and if you have the time and space to reverse. So much harder to do this reversing out of a space. Which brings us to the best part of reversing in - pulling out is a breeze and so much safer.

Reactions: Ivy

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Good point! One of the problems is that most drivers either don't know how to reverse into a parking spot or are too lazy to do it. When I got my learners permit I did the Young Drivers of Canada course and they drilled into all of us that you should always reverse into a parking spot when feasible. Approaching the spot to park you see all hazards around you and if you have the time and space to reverse. So much harder to do this reversing out of a space. Which brings us to the best part of reversing in - pulling out is a breeze and so much safer.
Should try it with 48 foot trailer and a sleeper . When I took my Class A license test one of the back up requirements was backing between cones at a 45 degree angle ;) from 50 feet away or so.
Sponsored