• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Inlet pipe cracked and caved in

OP
OP
slender_fe1

slender_fe1

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic si
Replaced the inlet pipe, was not hard at all. The only part which was kind of annoying was getting the vaccum hoses off. I swear even after twisting the adheasion off it was still a struggle. Way easier putting them back on though. Replaced the one time use clamps (really honda?) with reusable ones so when I upgrade in the future it I won't have to get the dremel out. It was also cool to see the intake side of the turbo, lil snail guy.

11th Gen Honda Civic Inlet pipe cracked and caved in 1

11th Gen Honda Civic Inlet pipe cracked and caved in 2

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Yeah those permanent clamps were the biggest damn pain. Replaced them all with screw in ones. Took me around 3 hours to take off, try to put on the PLM and then put the stock one back on. I can probably take it off in about 15 minutes now. LOL

OP
OP
slender_fe1

slender_fe1

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic si
Yeah those permanent clamps were the biggest damn pain. Replaced them all with screw in ones. Took me around 3 hours to take off, try to put on the PLM and then put the stock one back on. I can probably take it off in about 15 minutes now. LOL
Yea no kidding, it's going to be way easier to get this thing off from now on 😂

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Even more insane, I looked up just the rubber piece that connects between the pipe and the inlet on the low side. The damn rubber piece alone is over $100 with those 2 clamps.

OP
OP
slender_fe1

slender_fe1

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic si
Even more insane, I looked up just the rubber piece that connects between the pipe and the inlet on the low side. The damn rubber piece alone is over $100 with those 2 clamps.
What the hell, I’m glad I didn’t damage it 💀 that’s crazy
Sponsored