• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Inlet pipe cracked and caved in

slender_fe1

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic si
I have to replace my turbo inlet pipe because I might have been a tiny bit stupid when I was tightening down the intake. I'm not sure though cause I only tightened until it was snug enough not to be pulled off by tugging on it. It doesn't look like it will be that different from replacing one on a 10th gen and actually looks like it will be a bit easier. Just mainly concerned if I drive it like this something else could happen, any recommendations?

11th Gen Honda Civic Inlet pipe cracked and caved in I am stupid
Sponsored

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
If it's not leaking it will run "ok" but that certainly isn't going to flow air as it should. You may can get it to last long enough for PRL's titanium inlet to hit the market if that was something you were considering. They are fairly easy to replace.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Maybe just reshape it and put duct tape on it to hold it together as a temporary solution?

OP
OP
slender_fe1

slender_fe1

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic si
If it's not leaking it will run "ok" but that certainly isn't going to flow air as it should. You may can get it to last long enough for PRL's titanium inlet to hit the market if that was something you were considering. They are fairly easy to replace.
I ordered an oem one off ebay just so I donā€™t have to worry about it. Definitely upgrading once 27won or prl drops theirs though.

OP
OP
slender_fe1

slender_fe1

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic si
Maybe just reshape it and put duct tape on it to hold it together as a temporary solution?
I tried to push it back into shape and itā€™s really happy with its new shape, so Iā€™m afraid of damaging it more.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I meanā€¦plastic is entirely sufficient and cost-effective for an OEM air intake on a normal (non-$100k+) vehicle.šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
slender_fe1

slender_fe1

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic si
I meanā€¦plastic is entirely sufficient and cost-effective for an OEM air intake on a normal (non-$100k+) vehicle.šŸ˜‚
True, and if youā€™re careful handling it and tightening stuff down (unlike me) it shouldnā€™t really be an issue

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, accidents happen. Itā€™s fixable. Live and learn.šŸ™‚