• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Small detail, but it irks me that they ditched the glossy window pillars. The flat black plastic cheapens the look overall, and especially seeing how they mismatched the flat black fog light bezels with gloss black front lips... no. But I will say I'm happy they finally equipped BSM and parking sensors, I never thought I'd see front and rear parking sensors on a Civic.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Noticed in the second video as well.... the Touring model had a "Drive Mode" select switch just below the shifter. Could the Touring possibly be getting something like the Si adjustable suspension? Further supported by the "normal" under the speedo saying what drive mode the car is in.

dbowe4415

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda3 s Grand Touring Hatchback
No, it uses that rotary knob system that the car reviews I've read absolutely hate. Even more so than the civic's outdated current system.
True, it isn’t a touchscreen, but I think Mazda intentionally chose to not go with one as they want the infotainment in mimic luxury brands. Many of them don’t have touchscreens and rely on knobs or touchpads to navigate the infotainment interface.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
True, it isn’t a touchscreen, but I think Mazda intentionally chose to not go with one as they want the infotainment in mimic luxury brands. Many of them don’t have touchscreens and rely on knobs or touchpads to navigate the infotainment interface.
I honestly find that as being a hinderance. They say it's less distracting than touchscreen interfaces but... I've used both and definitely find rotary knob/touchpad interfaces WAY more distracting haha.

SilvrBllt1996

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was Stolen
Interior photos confirmed what I expected: the interior dashboard and infotainment display are both a huge step forward for the Civic compared to the 10th generation, and look better than the Accord’s setup IMO. The temperature gauges are having the Accord-like look is a plus to me as well, as that was one of my biggest areas of frustration on my 2018 Hatch (I know Honda went away from a digital temp selector in future 10th gens, but this setup looks much more elegant than even the newer 10th gens did, IMO). Also, the Touring's seats look superior to me, but not by a lot, as the 10th gen's leather seats are quite solid.

I really love the side and rear profiles of the sedan and am glad the Sport trim has the wheels the prototype model had. The front grille looks good, but the area surrounding the Honda emblem isn’t as attractive compared to the 10th gen’s smoked or chrome look. It’s not a dealbreaker for me, however, and I still prefer the fog light housing with its lesser plastic. Blind spot monitoring instead of lanewatch is something we knew was coming, so that's an upgrade I appreciate as well.

Speaking of lesser plastic, the rear of the car is MUCH cleaner with more of the sheet metal displayed compared to the outgoing model. I also prefer the look of the tail lights on this model. However, I found the aggressive overall rear shape of the 10th generation to look better, just not the plastic pieces it had.

At this point in my life, though I'm far from being "old," I appreciate a more upscale design language like this has. I miss the more aggressive front end of the 10th gen, but am excited about the 10th gen looking more Accord and Audi A3 like, especially from the side profile.

Looking forward to more of those who actually plan to buy this car coming into this forum, as I'm definitely in for one at the beginning of next year. The Sedan looks fantastic but I have to see the Hatch before making a decision on which I'll purchase, as I loved my 10th gen Hatch.

Here are some more pictures of the interior and exterior of the Touring model:

2022-honda-civic-sedan-interior-1-png.png

2022-honda-civic-sedan-interior-9-png.png

2022-honda-civic-sedan-interior-6-png.png

2022-honda-civic-sedan-interior-14-png.jpg
2022-honda-civic-sedan-interior-19-png.jpg
2022-honda-civic-sedan-interior-20-png.jpg
2022-honda-civic-sedan-interior-22-png.png
2022-honda-civic-touring-6-png.jpg
2022-honda-civic-touring-5-png.png
2022-honda-civic-touring-3-png.jpg
2022-honda-civic-touring-2-png.jpg
I like it as well but want to wait to see the hatchback. I feel like people are complaining about this and that first you have to realize cars now have crash regulations to comply with so the front end has to be made a certain way to protect and give less injuries to pedestrians. The side profile is giving the older model Acura ILX or even the new TLX. I think it looks great the 22 Civic but I reserve my judgement when I see the hatchback and see it in person.

CSR_

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
In 2017 Honda made a Civic for the young. In 2021 they made a Civic for the old. I thought the Accord served that purpose though but hey, at least I now love my 10th gen even more
Your comment is pretty accurate, except that 10th gen came out mid 2015 not 2017. 2016-2021, are it's production years . But I do agree, I like my 10th gen's "sporty" look better than this new one. It seems that they are trying to compete in a "classy look" market such as mazda 3, corolla, and sentra. I have a 2016 and will probably upgrade to a 2021 instead of an 11th gen.

JoeCain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Sounds like they have excessively neutered the EX.

I will cling ever so tightly to my 17 EX-T!

dbowe4415

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda3 s Grand Touring Hatchback
I honestly find that as being a hinderance. They say it's less distracting than touchscreen interfaces but... I've used both and definitely find rotary knob/touchpad interfaces WAY more distracting haha.
And this one of the MANY reasons why I'm leaving Mazda and heading to Honda. I prefer a touchscreen interface, so while I'm really good with using the rotary knob on my '14 Mazda3, I preferred my '18 Civic's touchscreen infotainment system.

Looks like I might have to save up for the Touring 11th gen to get that larger touchscreen.

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T manual
And this one of the MANY reasons why I'm leaving Mazda and heading to Honda. I prefer a touchscreen interface, so while I'm really good with using the rotary knob on my '14 Mazda3, I preferred my '18 Civic's touchscreen infotainment system.

Looks like I might have to save up for the Touring 11th gen to get that larger touchscreen.
I’ve used both extensively and find the knob far less distracting than the touch screen while driving.

the 9 inch screen should be EX and up, this is 2022! Honda is a segment leader!

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX
Any idea if the Si will launch with the others? I’m in need of a car right now and am debating getting a ‘21 Sport Hatch manual or waiting for a new Si. I would get a used Si but they are all thousands over MSRP at the moment so it seems like just getting a brand new Sport or waiting for the new Si is better.

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Any idea if the Si will launch with the others? I’m in need of a car right now and am debating getting a ‘21 Sport Hatch manual or waiting for a new Si. I would get a used Si but they are all thousands over MSRP at the moment so it seems like just getting a brand new Sport or waiting for the new Si is better.
Hatch is launching later this year, nothing said about the Si yet. Hopefully they will announce what the plan is for the Si and Type R this year during the announcements tonight.

OP
OP
StickShiftRoy

StickShiftRoy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Sport (sold), 22 BOP Si
How badly do you need a car? The SI won't be here till end of the year at the earliest. If you can wait till then, wait. If not get the 21 Sport now and trade it when the SI gets here. The used car market is crazy now so you wouldn't lose much money.
Sponsored