• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 S2000’s
I like this car from every angle with one exception, no Coupe version is offered. The Civic has grown up to become an elegant competitor...Just would have liked to see a Coupe in this generation. Its the ONLY reason I bought a 2020 Si Coupe.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
2422B91F-C379-4B2F-B050-03489342C9D2.jpeg

Saw this on the story of Honda. This is the Sport trim level. Rims give it away.
So the Sport trim keeps the wheel design from the Prototype? Another giveaway that this is the Sport is the lack of a sunroof and the black side mirror caps.

Just under two weeks left and we will know it all!

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
So the Sport trim keeps the wheel design from the Prototype? Another giveaway that this is the Sport is the lack of a sunroof and the black side mirror caps.

Just under two weeks left and we will know it all!
My point exactly. Those rims we first saw on the prototype was already production ready. Literally it’s a carbon copy right down to the paint of it. Also if you look closely you can see Fog lights in that area. Reason why the prototype didn’t have it was to hit at the Si model.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
My point exactly. Those rims we first saw on the prototype was already production ready. Literally it’s a carbon copy right down to the paint of it. Also if you look closely you can see Fog lights in that area. Reason why the prototype didn’t have it was to hit at the Si model.
I will disagree with you on that one point... the Si will have fog lights... it always has... its the trim slotted between the EX and Touring. It would be a downgrade not to include them. I think they simply left them off the prototype because it gave a cleaner appearance to the lower side garnishes and nothing more. That's not to say, we couldn't see a different shape/design for the Si fog lights, maybe something similar to what the CTR will have as well... but I doubt they'd leave them off entirely. I just hope that the Si gets more exciting wheels than the sport model does, those all black satin finish painted wheels do zero for me, I'd rather see something more like what was on the touring model, machine finished, black painted accents, etc. I wouldn't be mad at a graphite powder coat style wheel either.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I will disagree with you on that one point... the Si will have fog lights... it always has... its the trim slotted between the EX and Touring. It would be a downgrade not to include them. I think they simply left them off the prototype because it gave a cleaner appearance to the lower side garnishes and nothing more. That's not to say, we couldn't see a different shape/design for the Si fog lights, maybe something similar to what the CTR will have as well... but I doubt they'd leave them off entirely. I just hope that the Si gets more exciting wheels than the sport model does, those all black satin finish painted wheels do zero for me, I'd rather see something more like what was on the touring model, machine finished, black painted accents, etc. I wouldn't be mad at a graphite powder coat style wheel either.
Only reason as to why I feel like it won’t have it is because the headlights will be of the upper trim. Part of me also feels like they might do it for more cooling to the engine. I hope you are right though because if they don’t offer it a lot of Si fans will be annoyed. I mean it won’t take away sales of it but they would be annoyed. I know some people who like the TLX Type S don’t like the fact that it doesn’t come with fog lights but the new headlights already have a built in system to make them work like fog lights. Also reason it doesn’t have it is because of cooling.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Only reason as to why I feel like it won’t have it is because the headlights will be of the upper trim. Part of me also feels like they might do it for more cooling to the engine. I hope you are right though because if they don’t offer it a lot of Si fans will be annoyed. I mean it won’t take away sales of it but they would be annoyed. I know some people who like the TLX Type S don’t like the fact that it doesn’t come with fog lights but the new headlights already have a built in system to make them work like fog lights. Also reason it doesn’t have it is because of cooling.
I see what you're saying... you're thinking they'll have an upgraded version of the headlights for upper trims that'll have integrated fog lights (I think mazda uses units like that, as well as some audis). I'd be OK with that, especially if it was for the purpose of functional venting to the brakes or engine. So far, from what we've seen, the headlights all have looked the same to me, so not sure if there will be different units for different trims or not (the touring after all, should technically get these upgraded units but it has fog lights...). So we will see. I won't rule out a slightly different shape or design for the Si/Type R fogs either. Possibly a round fog light instead of the square we see on the touring/sport.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I see what you're saying... you're thinking they'll have an upgraded version of the headlights for upper trims that'll have integrated fog lights (I think mazda uses units like that, as well as some audis). I'd be OK with that, especially if it was for the purpose of functional venting to the brakes or engine. So far, from what we've seen, the headlights all have looked the same to me, so not sure if there will be different units for different trims or not (the touring after all, should technically get these upgraded units but it has fog lights...). So we will see. I won't rule out a slightly different shape or design for the Si/Type R fogs either. Possibly a round fog light instead of the square we see on the touring/sport.
Yeah that’s exactly what I’m talking about. Lot of car brands are doing that now especially with upgrading the headlights for that NHTSA top safety pick. The Type R of the 11th Gen might not even come with fog lights so maybe they use that headlight unit. Idk right now we have about a week or so to go so we just gotta see. You guys in the Honda area have it easy though, I’m over here looking to see when we finally see spy shots of the ILX replacement.

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
I’ll be upgrading to the 11th gen regardless but I have really high hopes that the simplified interior will be much quieter. My 10th gen Si is a rattle box and my god is it so annoying. I realize I can fix it but it’s not the point, too many nooks and crannies
The rattles on the 10th gen are early model year issues unfortunately. If you were to get a 2021 SI it would have absolutely none.
The only issue that remains is Honda's lack of sound deadening standard in the doors and other parts of the interior which contributes to road noise. The Accord is much better in this area and even has active noise cancellation but that car also carries a heavier price tag as a result.

Unfortunately it's common for many car brands to have rattle issues in early models because it often ends up being that "sample size" problem to have the problems show and get brought up to the manufacturer. Some brands just do a better job offering fixes at dealership service to fix them.

If you want a rattle free car, I would wait at minimum the 3rd year of the 11th and not the first two years or lease the first year model if you cant wait but I wouldn't buy it until a later year
Sponsored

Last edited: