• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
I'm in my 40's with two kids and I still prefer the styling of the 10th gen vs the 11th. I think they toned it down too much but despite that I'm okay with the new, cleaner styling. Interior is definitely better. The only thing that's almost a non-starter for me is the half digital instrument cluster with a non centered tach. But if the reviewers can confirm that the rev hang is gone with lighter flywheel I can overlook that.
Sponsored

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si Sedan, Others
I mean if you compare the styling on this new Si to the 10th Si sedan, I think it's a clear improvement. I always had trouble getting used to those huge rear fake vents. The lines on the new Civic just look more cohesive too, like it flows better. The 10th tended to look a bit overdone from some angles. Everyone has their own opinion though.

11th Gen Honda Civic Live 2022 Civic Si pics from press drives! 1637170035059

Last edited:

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
it sickens me the material they use for the seats/arm rest....cloth? Really? Even the 8th Gen Si had better cloth/suede seats...wtf is honda doing

angelc211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Crv
When i get one it would be either blue or white. I feel orange is going to be overrated imo. Like red, but usually red turns redish pink looking idk now since iā€™ve been staying away from red lol.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Just my personal opinion so it doesn't mean much. As a huge Honda fan back in the day (owned a 1st gen CRX, 1st gen Integra and 5th gen Civic in succession) I left the Honda clan for a long time.

It was the 10th gen styling (and turbo) that brought me back. The new 11th is cleaner, sure, and I know it will drive well but it does exactly zero for me as far as wow factor. I'm actually bored by the styling.

I do like the new Integra's look a lot more. Maybe that'll be the one.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
ā€¦
your family thinks you're going through a midlife crisis.
? Thatā€™s exactly what the smog tech said when I brought my 2019 CTR in for smog (required in Calif because I bought it out of state for MSRP). The new Si looks too mild for my taste but Iā€™m sure itā€™ll drive great. Eagerly awaiting for the reviews.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
New (?) video of actual Si interior, exterior, and rolling footage:

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get why so many like the 11th gen who weren't fans of the 10th's more boy racer look. What shocks me is that it seems like 75% of CivicX'ers seem to love it. Which says maybe a lot of 10th gen owners weren't really sold on their 10th gens look.

JerseyJerk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic EX
I get why so many like the 11th gen who weren't fans of the 10th's more boy racer look. What shocks me is that it seems like 75% of CivicX'ers seem to love it. Which says maybe a lot of 10th gen owners weren't really sold on their 10th gens look.
For whatever reason the 11th gen design is growing on me. I've noticed things in person that I like about the 11th gen, and I do get asked a lot about the fake vents on my 10th gen to the point where I just have to shrug and say "I know." I thought I wouldn't like the colors too, but I really dig the orange and blue. I was never hung up on horsepower - 5hp isn't much. What I'm interested in is the potential.

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
I actually prefer the styling of the 10th along with the extra bits such as heated seats, lane watch and the more aggressive styling; the fake vents are something that can easily be remedied with an aftermarket solution or add-on from the later models. In my opinion, they would've knocked it out of the park had they introduced this styling in the form of a coupe.

S2000toCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Just my personal opinion so it doesn't mean much. As a huge Honda fan back in the day (owned a 1st gen CRX, 1st gen Integra and 5th gen Civic in succession) I left the Honda clan for a long time.

It was the 10th gen styling (and turbo) that brought me back. The new 11th is cleaner, sure, and I know it will drive well but it does exactly zero for me as far as wow factor. I'm actually bored by the styling.

I do like the new Integra's look a lot more. Maybe that'll be the one.
Then why are you on this forum if you donā€™t like the 11th gen??

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well as a six year member at sister site CivicX and very active there, I post here as well from time to time.

I have some insights that hopefully can be useful here in terms of my automotive/tuning knowledge and I'll help where I can.

Just because I'm likely not buying an 11th doesn't mean I cant post here, right?

Last edited: