• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Looking for assistance after collision with a deer.

Dustbunni

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R , 2023 Tesla Model Y
So earlier today i had an encounter with a large deer, granted the heavy breaking minimized damage but still. So after looking it over at the body shop that I work at, without disassembled blueprint process looks like I need,
1. Lower front cover
2. Hood
3. Headlight
4. Upper grille
5. There is other damage but can all be conventionaly repaired

SO, the questions i have going thru my mind at the moment is replacing the hood with a carbon fiber one. But who makes a quality one that is OE or OE+ styled, or just stick with OEM
Looking at replacing both headlights to the EU ones, I found the part numbers on here listed by a few others,(thank you for the corrections) but any idea of availbility or who/where to source them from?

Thanks for all the help in advance and Happy New Year@!

11th Gen Honda Civic Looking for assistance after collision with a deer. Front

11th Gen Honda Civic Looking for assistance after collision with a deer. Photo 01

11th Gen Honda Civic Looking for assistance after collision with a deer. Photo 02

11th Gen Honda Civic Looking for assistance after collision with a deer. Photo 03

11th Gen Honda Civic Looking for assistance after collision with a deer. Photo 05

11th Gen Honda Civic Looking for assistance after collision with a deer. Photo 06

11th Gen Honda Civic Looking for assistance after collision with a deer. Photo 09
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Sorry to hear. Are you able to post pictures of the damage?

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
Sorry about your car.

Keep in mind that the UKDM headlights will have a beam pattern that is optimized for RHD/right hand traffic. You should be ordering EU spec LHD headlights. The part numbers for LHD clear headlights are:

33100-T43-Y11(Right)
33150-T43-Y11(Left)

Last edited:

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
If you plan to track the car, look at ones with additional vents on the side. If you don’t track, I would stick with OEM.

Aside from aesthetics, not all cf hoods will yield you much in weight saving.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
If you plan to track the car, look at ones with additional vents on the side. If you don’t track, I would stick with OEM.

Aside from aesthetics, not all cf hoods will yield you much in weight saving.
Yeah, and unless you buy a really good one, the fit and gaps are likely to be garbage. The OE CTR hood is aluminum, so weight savings to dollar ratio might not be great…but if you’re tracking, every little bit helps, ofc.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, and unless you buy a really good one, the fit and gaps are likely to be garbage. The OE CTR hood is aluminum, so weight savings to dollar ratio might not be great…but if you’re tracking, every little bit helps, ofc.
Agree with this, only reason to get a carbon hood over oem is that it might be cheaper and extra vents if you track the car will be of benefit.

Don’t know how expensive oem type R hoods are.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I'm most concerned about the hit to the A pillar! I don't want to be a bearer of bad news but that could be significant enough to total the car, right?

OP
OP
Dustbunni

Dustbunni

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm most concerned about the hit to the A pillar! I don't want to be a bearer of bad news but that could be significant enough to total the car, right?
No that damage is easily fixable and it’s something that we deal with on a lot of deer accidents. It’s not near as bad as it could have been.

Agree with this, only reason to get a carbon hood over oem is that it might be cheaper and extra vents if you track the car will be of benefit.

Don’t know how expensive oem type R hoods are.
New OEM hood runs approx $1500. Not including paint and any install. But I plan to track the car at some point. But most options I have seen are lackluster to me. And cost what OEM does or more. I don’t even know that many companies that I could trust with quality cf and little to no fitment issues.

AK16

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I just went through a similar, but much more severe, deer incident. My intercooler was dinged a bit so I got a new intercooler upgrade out of the deal. Maybe you can argue for that too if there is any sign of damage to the intercooler. Best of luck!
11th Gen Honda Civic Looking for assistance after collision with a deer. IMG_0231

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
No that damage is easily fixable and it’s something that we deal with on a lot of deer accidents. It’s not near as bad as it could have been.

New OEM hood runs approx $1500. Not including paint and any install. But I plan to track the car at some point. But most options I have seen are lackluster to me. And cost what OEM does or more. I don’t even know that many companies that I could trust with quality cf and little to no fitment issues.
Anything from a reputable japanese company should fit well enough depending on how high your ocd is.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Not too many options available right now. Even if there is one, you might have to wait for it. That means your car will sit in the shop. I think OEM is the way to go. Plus when you mod, it’s always good to have the stock parts available.

OP
OP
Dustbunni

Dustbunni

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just went through a similar, but much more severe, deer incident. My intercooler was dinged a bit so I got a new intercooler upgrade out of the deal. Maybe you can argue for that too if there is any sign of damage to the intercooler. Best of luck!
IMG_0231.jpeg
That sucks man! Sorry to hear about it. I haven’t tore mine down yet to see if there is further damage. What intercooler did you get? How was parts availability?

Not too many options available right now. Even if there is one, you might have to wait for it. That means your car will sit in the shop. I think OEM is the way to go. Plus when you mod, it’s always good to have the stock parts available.
TBH the only ones I really like are the Varis, Seibon & VIS.
Varis is twice the price of the OEM one and you still have to pay to have it clearcoated on your own. (Assuming how they relieve themselves of any delaminate issues or warranties)
Seibon debuted at Sema but nothing as of any other options than the rather ugly one that was shown off on for the entire kit.
VIS is really nice OEM styled. But I have nothing to go on by fit and finish. (Besides the hoods they produced like 15-20 years ago

For anyone that got the Euro lights, where did you get them how was the service and wait times on it?

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
From my knowledge VIS and Seibon will likely fit worse than OEM and might even be heavier than the factory aluminum hood.

If you're getting an insurance payout I would consider a better JDM brand. Varis looked good on Dustin's (YouTube) FL5 and it looked like it fit as well as stock and didn't require hood pins. They commented on it being at least 5-6lbs lighter than stock.

I personally don't like the CF/white look especially on this car where you see the hood/fender transition from the side profile.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
I’ve had a Seibon cf hood on my S2000 before. I had it for a short period of time. The fitment is not good and it is heavy. I will never buy another Seibon product. They price their products very well. You don’t always get what you pay for but majority of the time, you do. Take what you will of my opinion.
Sponsored