• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Motec PnP coming soon?

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S and some others
The FK8 has a M142 PnP kit. Has anyone heard if there’s one in the works for the FL5/DE5?
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
The FK8 has a M142 PnP kit. Has anyone heard if there’s one in the works for the FL5/DE5?
There is already a plug and play kit for the FK8 with motec. I saw something for the FL5 but it might have been a blog.

Last edited:

Vito.FL5

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 1997 civic Vti EK4, 1999 sedan
I don´t think it is compatible with the FL5.. I contacted them not long ago and they said it could take some time because they have other priorities. The hardware and software is 100% capable, what takes time is the can integration.

Maybe Syvecs releases something soon lets see.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I don´t think it is compatible with the FL5.. I contacted them not long ago and they said it could take some time because they have other priorities. The hardware and software is 100% capable, what takes time is the can integration.

Maybe Syvecs releases something soon lets see.
Maybe the issue with the CAN integration might be dashboard related. Most of the other stuff is the same as FK8. Great thing about Motec is you can get rid of the maf sensor and go speed density if you want.

OP
OP

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully Honda didn’t change too much so Motec can come out with this sooner rather than later!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
HPD DE5 used it

11th Gen Honda Civic Motec PnP coming soon? Screenshot_20240103-113622

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hopefully, that makes it much less work for Motec to come out with a PnP kit for the DE5 street car!
Any specific reason you want to go with Motec? Its really overkill for a street car. I wanted to go the same route but in the end decided that I will wait and will go that way if the car becomes something extreme.

OP
OP

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any specific reason you want to go with Motec? Its really overkill for a street car. I wanted to go the same route but in the end decided that I will wait and will go that way if the car becomes something extreme.
Ideally, I would prefer the ability to fully program the factory Bosch ECU and am looking into that path as well.

With Hondata, since I have not looked deeply, I am not sure what tables are exposed and what flexibility exists. With modern implementations, there are likely lots of models and parameters to derive values instead of using sensors. I prefer to update the models instead of manipulating other values to compensate. Mainly a personal preference.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Ideally, I would prefer the ability to fully program the factory Bosch ECU and am looking into that path as well.

With Hondata, since I have not looked deeply, I am not sure what tables are exposed and what flexibility exists. With modern implementations, there are likely lots of models and parameters to derive values instead of using sensors. I prefer to update the models instead of manipulating other values to compensate. Mainly a personal preference.
Cool! I’m the same way, I’m using Hondata for now but I’m sure they will keep adding features and tables along the way.

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR (stock), FG4 Si (Turbo), C6 Z06
I don’t believe it is overkill (for many). It’s worlds better. Beyond the many features (e.g., supplemental fueling and control), the key aspects I’d call are tuning directly versus indirectly with Hondata, advanced and customizable safeties, amazing and always-on logging, as well as virtually limitless customizations and control strategies. Plus when/if you sell your car, you can just keep your M1 and use it on future cars.

I’ve had flashes, piggybacks, stacked (both) of various levels in the past and having the M1 is money well-spent IMO.

I’ve had the M1 on my FK8 for a couple years and have never regretted it.

Patiently waiting for the DA/FL PnP.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I don’t believe it is overkill (for many). It’s worlds better. Beyond the many features (e.g., supplemental fueling and control), the key aspects I’d call are tuning directly versus indirectly with Hondata, advanced and customizable safeties, amazing and always-on logging, as well as virtually limitless customizations and control strategies. Plus when/if you sell your car, you can just keep your M1 and use it on future cars.

I’ve had flashes, piggybacks, stacked (both) of various levels in the past and having the M1 is money well-spent IMO.

I’ve had the M1 on my FK8 for a couple years and have never regretted it.

Patiently waiting for the DA/FL PnP.
What I meant by overkill is the price, it has a ton of great features don’t get me wrong but most people won’t use them. The stock ECU is more than good for 99% of the people out there.

The M1 can be used for other cars absolutely, but in reality most people are content with stock cars or minor boltons. And with the newer fueling solutions aux fuel is not needed unless you are going for extreme amounts of hp. So again it won’t be worth it for everyone.
Sponsored