• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First Name
Luigi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9th Gen Si, 11th Gen SI
Autobahn GTI with HST in Ontario. Needed to add the Sunroof so it's optioned like the SI.

It's priced a bit high compared the SI. Maybe more in the class of a Camaro with the 1LE Track Pack on a Turbo 4.

GTI probably won't start for first 6 months of life. VW owners should buy rental insurance and come rent an Si every time their GTI breaks down.

Lol
Sponsored

Attachments

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
In Canada the Civic Sport Touring 6MT is $35,000. The GTI Autobahn is $35,000. Same price, same equipment, the GTI destroys the Civic from a performance stand point.

I understand the Civic Sport Touring isn’t built to be a performance car. That said it’s priced like competitors that offer more performance, and for people considering a manual hatchback that is 100% going to be a consideration.

In the U.S this is a different conversation. Sport Touring 6MT tops out around $30,800 USD, the GTI Autobahn is almost $8,000 more. Either the Civic is overpriced in Canada or the GTI is a screaming deal.

I'm thinking the Civic is overpriced in Canada by a large amount -- even in the U.S. by a certain degree.

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
In Canada the Civic Sport Touring 6MT is $35,000. The GTI Autobahn is $35,000. Same price, same equipment, the GTI destroys the Civic from a performance stand point.

I understand the Civic Sport Touring isn’t built to be a performance car. That said it’s priced like competitors that offer more performance, and for people considering a manual hatchback that is 100% going to be a consideration.

In the U.S this is a different conversation. Sport Touring 6MT tops out around $30,800 USD, the GTI Autobahn is almost $8,000 more. Either the Civic is overpriced in Canada or the GTI is a screaming deal.
Your forgetting to include the $5 billion in repair cost for the information system breaking after the VW goes out of warranty though. Not a big deal if you are going to only keep it for 3-4 years I guess. I would not touch the first year model of the mk8 with a ten foot pole. That whole info system is a disaster.

explodingGTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTI
The HB price in Canada makes no sense - the Si is cheaper than ST HB by $3,000. The only differences are HB gets the hatch and leather, while Si has all the performance bits. This makes the ST HB poor value here IMO, I'd argue they should cost the same.

First Name
Luigi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9th Gen Si, 11th Gen SI
The HB price in Canada makes no sense - the Si is cheaper than ST HB by $3,000. The only differences are HB gets the hatch and leather, while Si has all the performance bits. This makes the ST HB poor value here IMO, I'd argue they should cost the same.
Buddies name says it all. ??
Sponsored