• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

iamwaywong

First Name
Way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 SSM AP2, 2023 CW FL5, 2022 PW RDX A-Spec
I was able to secure a set of these from a forum member who had access in Japan. I was unimpressed with the stick on Spoon mirrors and felt indifferent with the SUMA mirrors. I opted to keep the heating function, blind spot monitor and turn signal feature so I went with Mugen. Originally these were meant for the JDM FK8 and/or FL1 ( 11th Gen Hatchback ) but they seemed to work fine with the FL5. Part number is 76200-XNR-K1S0 for those interested. This part number is specifically for the LHD FK8/FL1/FL5. I still see them in stock at Black Hawk Japan's online site.

The fit and finish of the Mugen mirrors are excellent and better than the oem, install was sketchy especially removing the side mirror caps to access the harness clip. Overall took me about 30 mins per side slowly adjusting the caps and mirrors to "click" into place. It comes with a piggyback harness to split the power to the turn signal and blind spot LED, that part of the install was very straight forward plug and play.

It's only been a day since I installed them but there's definitely significant improvement in visibility and glare control. Since this mirror is convex, theres no point in which a car is hidden in the blindspot that doesn't either appear in the window or mirror. The blind spot led flashes bright red ( very bright at night ) which I feel is an improvement over stock. It's nice to now have the turn signal led on the mirror facing the driver, I'm hoping the extra turn signal LEDs facing the rear will offer more visibility to the drivers behind.

My struggle now is finding a rear view mirror that matches the same blue tint of these side mirrors. Does anyone have any recommendations?

11th Gen Honda Civic Mugen Hydrophilic LED Side Mirrors Installed 1716424705579-gd

11th Gen Honda Civic Mugen Hydrophilic LED Side Mirrors Installed 1716424766811-x7

11th Gen Honda Civic Mugen Hydrophilic LED Side Mirrors Installed 1716424603415-z

11th Gen Honda Civic Mugen Hydrophilic LED Side Mirrors Installed 1716424644209-6a
Sponsored

Robo7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
I like the look! So does everything still work smoothly after the install?

I.e. outer mirror cap turn signal light, electric power adjustment.?

Looks to be a nice upgrade.

OP
OP
iamwaywong

iamwaywong

First Name
Way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the look! So does everything still work smoothly after the install?

I.e. outer mirror cap turn signal light, electric power adjustment.?

Looks to be a nice upgrade.
100% plug and play, everything works as it should...we get an additional turn signal indicator as well!

Phenom3030

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, 2021 Tacoma TRD Pro
Build Thread
Link
Is the triangle on the bottom outer part of the mirror the Blind Spot Indicator?

Tac0mannn421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FL1 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
I use the spoon center mirror and its pretty close to the mugen side mirrors. It's stick on but it get's the job done.

OP
OP
iamwaywong

iamwaywong

First Name
Way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use the spoon center mirror and its pretty close to the mugen side mirrors. It's stick on but it get's the job done.
Don't you lose the heating function if it's stick on?

OP
OP
iamwaywong

iamwaywong

First Name
Way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The interior rear view mirror isn't heated...?
oh my mistake thought you were referring to the side mirrors, thats good to know! How close are both mirrors in terms of blue-ness? Do you have any pictures?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I like these mirrors on any FL5 but mine. Not sure I can put a finger in why.

nttran98

First Name
Nhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Did you take a picture of the back side of the mirror, for our reference?

centers1d10t

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Nice....about time someone got these installed on here :).......I got my set last week from RHDjapan...will get them installed in the next few days....On my FK8 I had the Spoon interior mirror stick on...ordered from Amazon.jp...way cheaper even with shipping.....Color was the same...One thing I didnt like was that at night with my rear window tint it was too dark for me
Sponsored