• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Here is the one flaw, IMO, you can see under certain light/angles a bit of the molding underneath where the pieces bolt together. A 1pc design would obviously alleviate this. This is nit picking really but if you've read any of my posts :D :D :D

11th Gen Honda Civic New Chin for the R IMG_3997 - Copy
Sponsored

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
I had the same issue with the center area of the lip. There wasn't enough room to fit the nuts on the bolts; the space was too tight. I just put a bunch of screws in the center area to hold it in. It looks crappy if you look at it from underneath the car, but you wouldn't normally see it. The screws seems to hold it in well.

scuderia_miso

First Name
Teddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, FA5, AP2
How are these lips holding up? Have you guys smacked or scraped them on anything yet?

I've been eying the V2 version.

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
How are these lips holding up? Have you guys smacked or scraped them on anything yet?
Mine's not holding up very well. I have the V1 lip. Here's my post from a month ago:

Maybe I'm just unlucky, but after having the Aeroflowdynamics lip installed for 2.5 months, it has now broken in two spots. I think the first crack happened after repeated (very minor) scraping on our driveway. The second happened today after the car on the highway in front of me kicked up something and hit the lip. It seems to be more on the fragile side.

My cheap Ebay lip that I had on my FK8 held up better than this one. Anyways, just wanted to pass that along as a warning to others.
Since that last post, it has broken in a third spot.

qeinfinity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EN
Yeah these are very cheap, I have one on my Elantra N and not looking pretty. You can probably find the same lip on Alibaba for half the price.

OP
OP

Type Gts R

First Name
Juan Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Fl5 R
Haven’t damaged mines but it’s still whole for now. I’ve broken cheap and expensive lips many times… the price alone takes a lot of worry off my mind unlike these 2k Japanese front lips.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
No problem with mine, I've heard very minor scrapes once or twice but that might be the underchin flap and not the lip as I couldn't feel any scrapes on it.

I have mine mounted with the outside wings using the supplied nuts & bolts but the entire center is only using 3M tape. No issues with cracking but this material will not fair well against impacts as I've experienced on a ND Club Miata which has a very similar design and material. At $200 or so though I consider it to be pretty much sacrificial.
Sponsored