• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New Owner !

SKM348

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 BMW X5 - ‘23 Civic HB Sport Tour 6MT
Just picked up my 2023 Sport Touring Hatchback 6MT and what a blast it is to drive! Was lucky enough to find one being unloaded off the truck about 90 miles from home.

Question - When the finance guy was trying to ‘up sell’ me on the protection packages he said you can’t replace the LED headlight bulbs, and you have to buy a new light assembly at $2400 each. Is this correct? I looked under the hood and there’s a wire harness going into what looks like a plug housing on the left side of the headlight assembly (standing in front of car) which appears to be the LED bulb housing where you would open and put a new bulb in. There’s only 1 of these on the light assembly so is that what I were I would replace the new bulb? Also, since there’s only one plug housing is there only one bulb for each side?

Thanks for any feedback. Am hoping I’ll get many, many years of trouble free ownership!
Sponsored

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Congrats on the purchase. You should never have to replace the LED headlight assemblies. They should last the life of the vehicle.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Do you plan on keeping the car for a long time? Most people will trade out of the car long before anything major happens that they have to pay out of pocket.

OP
OP

SKM348

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks folks. That’s reassuring. Yes, I plan on keeping the car for at least 5 yrs. So I guess it’s true that bulbs aren’t serviceable. Seems crazy but I suppose there’s a technical reason for i.

OP
OP

SKM348

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on your new ride, love the color!
Yes - we do too. It changes slightly depending on the light, has a subtle blue hue to it.
Sponsored