• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New Type-R (way better than Type S ;) )

Jcruz87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I think at the end of the day it's completely subjective either way, and completely based on preference. I don't think either owner is going to have regret for their decision
Sponsored

OP
OP
jayely14

jayely14

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
992 GT3, Model Y
The sound alone makes ITS worth it.
GT3 touring vs GT3, both incredible cars, and at msrp its worth it.

i feel many who paid exaggerated CTR prices need to justify their premium
LOL really?? You know for $100-$200 you can cut off 1 of the resonators and boom... Same sound! I don't think that's a legitimate debate. Looks are subjective and in a straight line race supposidly the Type S will maybe have 1/4 car length in a quarter mile.. Again, who cares?
Both are great cars.. But the sound and how fast the Type S is, is not a strong argument.

And I paid 15k over for the GT3 which is pretty damn good.. it's worth every penny and then some.. I've never drove anything even close.. Just drove a huracan a few weeks back, wasn't in the same league engagement wise.. IMO. That's why we're all on this forum with these cars right??? It's not about the 0-60 times, it's about how the car makes you feel.. Speed does not = fun

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
The sound alone makes ITS worth it.
GT3 touring vs GT3, both incredible cars, and at msrp its worth it.

i feel many who paid exaggerated CTR prices need to justify their premium
This comment suggest you've try to get an FL5, but failed. You'll probably say something like, you never wanted an FL5 cause it looks like a Civic. But isn't the Integrabased on a Civic? If yes, isn't it worst to take a Civic and repackage into an Integra? So did you not just paid extra for repackaged "Civic"?!?!? You sound a bit butt hurt 🤔 with that justify premium comment.

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 civic
I cant tell if OP made this thread in jest but lot of replies from both sides are embarrasing. Everyone trying to justify their purchases. We are fucking lucky (not price wise) that we get TWO Honda performance cars. Before the FK8, Honda fans in the US were in a drought.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Type S is worth the premium. It looks more special, sounds more special. North America only. Its faster than type R. The Type R looks like another civic with the wing.
Sounds like you wanted a CTR, but because you're in Canada and couldn't get one, you're now rationalizing the ITS. Whatever works for you man! I'm laughing at the "North America only" exclusivity of the ITS :)

OP
OP
jayely14

jayely14

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
992 GT3, Model Y
This comment suggest you've try to get an FL5, but failed. You'll probably say something like, you never wanted an FL5 cause it looks like a Civic. But isn't the Integrabased on a Civic? If yes, isn't it worst to take a Civic and repackage into an Integra? So did you not just paid extra for repackaged "Civic"?!?!? You sound a bit butt hurt 🤔 with that justify premium comment.
Oh yeah, you're right.. It all makes sense now lol

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Sounds like you wanted a CTR, but because you're in Canada and couldn't get one, you're now rationalizing the ITS. Whatever works for you man! I'm laughing at the "North America only" exclusivity of the ITS :)
Thanks for assuming, but I guess it is the internet. Actually I’m second in line guaranteed one at a large Canadian dealer, just ironic that I get to enjoy both as my ITS came one of the first in Cana I still plan on keeping the CTR and objectively trying it out. Just grateful my ITS came first as otherwise I may not have even cared for giving it a try.

But I am certain both are engaging and ridiculously incredible cars. When someone makes a thread just hyping one side its just humorous.

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I understand this is just your opinion but I need to remind you that the Civic Type R is a Civic and they put a wing, made it wider and a long list of other additional parts and aspects.
The Integra Type S is an Integra with tacked on fenders... made it wider and a long list of other additional parts and aspects.

I feel you felt the need to justify buying an ITS with its price premium
Agree about the top part. Objectively correct. Subjective taste.

The issue on this thread is CTR has been out for a year and people have had their cars, not many have at this point received or even tried the ITS to know.

the ITS wouldve been cheaper than CTR after premiums, so no. I am getting both at MSRP

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Thanks for assuming, but I guess it is the internet. Actually I’m second in line guaranteed one at a large Canadian dealer, just ironic that I get to enjoy both as my ITS came one of the first in Cana I still plan on keeping the CTR and objectively trying it out. Just grateful my ITS came first as otherwise I may not have even cared for giving it a try.

But I am certain both are engaging and ridiculously incredible cars. When someone makes a thread just hyping one side its just humorous.
Nah, it's not the Internet, it's from your own posts. I drove the ITS twice, at two different dealers. I was left underwhelmed TBH and posted my thoughts, as did others. I'm sure for some it's a nice car, but to me it looked cheap and not special at all.

If you want to bash the CTR, as you did in this thread, then you won't be taken too seriously. So there's that. This thread is not about "hyping" one car if you read it properly. The OP was unimpressed with the ITS, as was I, and loved the CTR. The title was made in jest. He posted his impressions pretty thoroughly, as did other members in other threads, including myself. You however didn't, so if anyone is guilty of "hype" it's you.

Also, to own both cars doesn't make much sense, but people do what people do...Sucks to be in Canada.

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Nah, it's not the Internet, it's from your own posts. I drove the ITS twice, at two different dealers. I was left underwhelmed TBH and posted my thoughts, as did others. I'm sure for some it's a nice car, but to me it looked cheap and not special at all.

If you want to bash the CTR, as you did in this thread, then you won't be taken too seriously. So there's that. This thread is not about "hyping" one car if you read it properly. The OP was unimpressed with the ITS, as was I, and loved the CTR. The title was made in jest. He posted his impressions pretty thoroughly, as did other members in other threads, including myself. You however didn't, so if anyone is guilty of "hype" it's you.

Also, to own both cars doesn't make much sense, but people do what people do...Sucks to be in Canada.
The OP was quite respectful unlike yourself, and I never bashed the CTR.

You were assuming I am unable to get one. Actually I said both are great cars. Dude relax, and congrats on your CTR

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
Agree about the top part. Objectively correct. Subjective taste.

The issue on this thread is CTR has been out for a year and people have had their cars, not many have at this point received or even tried the ITS to know.

the ITS wouldve been cheaper than CTR after premiums, so no. I am getting both at MSRP
Replacing this for my prior 😂:
11th Gen Honda Civic New Type-R (way better than Type S ;) ) 1688848568933

OP
OP
jayely14

jayely14

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
992 GT3, Model Y

Well said :)
Sponsored