• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Next-gen Civic Type R will live on - even if as Hybrid or EV (says head engineer Hideki Kakinuma)

Vito.FL5

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 1997 civic Vti EK4, 1999 sedan
It´s complicated to keep emissions in check while revving high.
Sponsored

First Name
Terrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Civic Si
Faster and better are two completely separate things though. The C63 is a perfect example of that. For years AMG meant the sexiest sounding V8s on Earth, but the new one is a hyper-complicated turbo four with electric motor assist. Sure it may be faster but I gurantee you people will miss the old V8s.

I'm sure Honda will do a great job with a future hybrid Type R, and I'm sure it will be faster, but will it be as fun and exciting to drive? Maybe, but I'm not very optimistic. More electrification means more weight and more layers of digital interference between you and the car.

Unfortunately, I think we will look back on the current era as the last golden age of fun-to-drive automobiles.
Maybe. But it also could be the other way around. I’ll be keeping my FL5 and FD Si either way. 😂