• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No “audio off” command on 2022 Touring

milals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
My wife has a 2022 Touring model and was unable to turn off the audio system with a voice command. I called American Honda and after about 15 minutes of research and consulting with other reps, they admitted that there was no way to turn off the audio system other than with the knob next to the unit.

I asked about a possible software update and the rep was very vague as to if or when this issue would be addressed.

Quite frankly, I think this is ridiculous. How difficult would it be to add a simple voice command? Whose idea was it to eliminate this command, which was part of the 10th gen Civic Touring software for the past 5 years?
Sponsored

Siva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic
I understand where you are coming from but you are asking people at a dealer to fix a software level problem by themselves?

Also, adding a simple voice command is simple but the process to get it done is NOT. First you will need a meeting to discuss about the issue and then getting someone to get it implemented and then someone to test it and then someone to approve it and then someone to push the button to sent it out to everyone. And yes there is no dealer has a say in this they can only report it to Honda and wait for the answer. The thing is It takes time.

The new civic doesn't use the same software as the old one so everything has to be made new from scratch. Usually this end up with new things got added but some stuffs got forgotten about.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I don't use voice commands, so please give me some grace... but don't you have to push a button to initiate a voice command? (That's how it is on my '09 Odyssey) If so, voice commands take more effort to accomplish the same thing.

OP
OP

milals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yes, but the button is on the steering wheel and you can find it by touch. The whole idea of voice commands is that you don't need to take your eyes off the road.

Siva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic
Wouldn't just turn the volume down accomplice the similar thing. That is what I always do. I mean you press a button and wait for the voice command to active and then have to speak to it and wait for it to acknowledge your command. IMO, that takes too long to get thing done. While I drive I always use my fan nob, volume nob and volume up/down button all the time without taking my eyes off the road and just using muscle memory.

I can't imaging myself drive a car like Tesla with no physical button. I am really good at using my phone touching screen control but god know I hate it with passion.

OP
OP

milals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Quite frankly, the purpose of my post was to see if any other like minded Honda owners were interested in asking for the Cvic XI software to be updated and a feature of the Civic X software restored. Your workarounds are fine for you, but not really useful in this regard. Thank you for your comments.

leodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda civic touring
I got mine to turn off with voice command. My problem is that I can not turn it on with voice command. I even try open sesame to no avail.

OP
OP

milals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
That's great! Can you please tell me the command word that you used? By the way, to turn the system on, you need to use one of the command words (FM, Sirius, etc) then the station you want to listen to. Thanks
Sponsored