• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Observations/Theories from the Integra Type S Launch

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Wanted to share my theories based on the pictures I've seen, and also get others' inputs on things they've noticed with the car!
  1. Suspension - I think the widebody suggests that the ITS will have the dual axis suspension setup, because the standard Integra suspension would not work well with the wider body.
  2. Body stiffness - It looks to me like the wider rear fenders are not molded into the body like they are on the FL5. This could mean that they're potentially using the same chassis as the base Integra, rather than a stiffer one. However, it could be Type S chassis could just have more adhesive/weld points to be stiffer. There also doesn't appear to be a sunroof, something that's standard on the base Integra, so maybe it is a bespoke chassis?
  3. Cooling - It does look like there's a vent in the hood (hard to see but there is a lateral crease in the hood when viewed from some angles), the inlet on the lower grille is the same size, and there are also small slots to the side of the middle lower grille, probably for brake cooling, similar to the triangular brake cooking inlets on the FL5. Suggests to me that this is a full-fat FL5 drive-train rather than a detuned one.
  4. Aero - This car definitely looks to have less aero components for downforce compared to the Fl5. There are no vents behind the front fenders, there is no rear wing, and the side skirts are much less aggressive. This car may generate lift at speed.
  5. Seats - Maybe these are just prototype seats and the final car will have unique seats, but from what we can see, it looks like the seats on this car are basically the same as the Integra. Unfortunate that they won't have aggressive bolstering like on the Type R, but on the bright side there will probably be power adjustment and heating (maybe also cooling).
  6. Exhaust - The new exhaust has 3 equally sized tips, which could mean there are some tweaks to it. Some of the reviews also mentioned the car sounding more raucous than the Type R, so the entire exhaust might have been tweaked.
  7. Brakes - Brakes look about the same as on the FL5, and the tires look the same size too, suggesting that the brakes were carried over.
Sponsored

Last edited: