• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Acura Integra Type S Observations

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I wish more people had your approach. It seems opinions and information that one hears can be picked and scrutinized unfairly. Had it happen a thousand times on this forum. Some have even changed their usernames or left completely over it. I'm used to it at this point. As long as it doesn't turn into a cesspool (like reddit).
Text can be interpreted differently since there is no spoken tone.
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I don't believe in muting (as someone who I'm sure has been muted before...). Yeah sure "it's the internet", but as enthusiast we're all friends here, let's hash it out with lively discussion, and then move on to the next topic.

True trolling should be met with swift justice. Or at least a "fool me once..." approach, right?
I hear you. It is VERY rare that I mute anyone either. Only when it is clear that they are here to cause problems and waste peopleā€™s time will I mute them and move on. Trust me, Iā€™m pretty patient and open to discussion and respectful argument. I certainly take the ā€œfool me onceā€¦ā€ approach for sure.

Last edited:

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I wish more people had your approach. It seems opinions and information that one hears can be picked and scrutinized unfairly. Had it happen a thousand times on this forum. Some have even changed their usernames or left completely over it. I'm used to it at this point. As long as it doesn't turn into a cesspool (like reddit).
I think people are easily triggered especially when behind the keyboard, like thereā€™s a subconscious expectation to be offended. They just donā€™t know when itā€™s going to happen, so theyā€™re always a little on edge and thatā€™s where words get taken out of context and down the toilet. And so few people are willing to say ā€œOh damn. My bad. Thatā€™s not what I meantā€ or ā€œOh, OK. Guess I was wrong.ā€ No one is a know-it-all so just let it go and laugh it off. Itā€™s all good. So much dumb shit can be resolved by people just chillinā€™ out.šŸ˜Ž

Last edited:

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Legitimately, either car would do for me because, and I'll say it again, IT'S THE SAME GOD DAMN CAR. All the things that make it move are identical. The only things left are subjective elements. How does it look, how does it feel, how does it sound?
The subjective elements are why people are choosing one over the other, so saying "It's the same car", doesn't mean much, and in fact creates this problem in the first place. The obsession by media outlets and posters to show how close the numbers and specs are is irrelevant as to which car one would buy because it's precisely the SUBJECTIVE elements that's the decision maker. I couldn't care less if the ITS was 3s faster around a track, or 3s faster in a 0-60 test. I would take the R each and every time, because as I said before, it's a special, purpose-built car, and I don't see that in the ITS.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
The subjective elements are why people are choosing one over the other, so saying "It's the same car", doesn't mean much, and in fact creates this problem in the first place. The obsession by media outlets and posters to show how close the numbers and specs are is irrelevant as to which car one would buy because it's precisely the SUBJECTIVE elements that's the decision maker. I couldn't care less if the ITS was 3s faster around a track, or 3s faster in a 0-60 test. I would take the R each and every time, because as I said before, it's a special, purpose-built car, and I don't see that in the ITS.
Literally proves my point. Thanks?

Had to throw in the "special" bit too. Lol.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
It has been demonstrated that the ITS is a purpose-built (i.e. built for speed and handling) vehicle too and is very nearly the twin of the CTR. It is the demonstrated twin in one particular case via Throttle Houseā€™s final lap time. If they were to analyze the times, my guesstimate is the CTR was slightly quicker thru turns, but the ITS pulled harder out of the turns and on straights. I think Savagegeese said as much himself and it makes sense.

Regarding the whole ā€œspecialā€ conversation, itā€™s entirely subjective. There are arguments on both sides as to what makes one car more or less ā€œspecialā€ than the other. Itā€™s like ā€œspecialā€ is a trigger word. Why? Itā€™s nothing more than an adjective describing something that is entirely subjective. I donā€™t get it.

I think organic milk is more special than regular milk, despite the identical nutrition facts, because I pay a lot more for it and I think it tastes better. Whoā€™s angry about this? Come at me bro. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
To me, special, in the context of CTR vs ITS, means unique and memorable. Also more exclusive. I find the CTR to be more special in this way than the ITS. Why? Because it's unlike any car Honda makes and unlike any car I've been in really, whereas the ITS feels and looks similar to other Acuras and other cars I've been in. When I said more purpose-built, I meant more focused and less compromised.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Appreciate the context @urbo73. All very subjective stuff. Thereā€™s a ā€œspecialā€ in aisle 5 on chill pills for those still triggered.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Appreciate the context @urbo73. All very subjective stuff. Thereā€™s a ā€œspecialā€ in aisle 5 on chill pills for those still triggered.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Not everything is subjective. The tacked on fenders on the ITS (as one example) to me is not only not special, but bad design, and nobody is defending that. The seats in the ITS (as another example) are nothing special - they are average, nothing unique. The gauge display in the ITS is not unique. I can go on. So you can keep saying "subjective", but here are a few examples of how it's not.

Anyhow, the bickering started when the ITS was announced and appeared, coming mostly from ITS owners from what I've seen. For some reason they need to post in non-Acura forums their justifications for getting an ITS over a CTR. CTR owners don't care. It would be great if ITS owners found a new home.

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
I think organic milk is more special than regular milk, despite the identical nutrition facts, because I pay a lot more for it and I think it tastes better. Whoā€™s angry about this? Come at me bro. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
My kids drink fancy organic milk also. At $6 for half gallon it's way better than the $2 regular milk.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Not everything is subjective. The tacked on fenders on the ITS (as one example) to me is not only not special, but bad design, and nobody is defending that. The seats in the ITS (as another example) are nothing special - they are average, nothing unique. The gauge display in the ITS is not unique. I can go on. So you can keep saying "subjective", but here are a few examples of how it's not.
I totally get what youā€™re saying. All this is still subjective, though. One cannot objectively measure the ā€œspecialnessā€ of one thing versus another. If itā€™s not measurable, then the data is subjective, not objective. Know what I mean? Thatā€™s the whole point of comprehensive reviews from Motor Trend and the like. They have the objective data (the numbers) from their testing, coupled to the subjective data (i.e. How the car looks, feels, the human connectionā€¦qualities that can only be described, but not measured).

If someone said the Porsche GT3ā€™s seats feel much better than the CTRā€™s, Iā€™d be likeā€¦hmmā€¦OK. Thatā€™s an opinion. But if someone said the Porsche GT3ā€™s seats are better because theyā€™re handmade of carbon fiber. Iā€™d still be likeā€¦hmmā€¦OKā€¦I would personally agree the materials and build are better. Hard to argue because they are certainly lighter, stiffer, and even more durableā€¦which are (objectively) measurable qualities. Lol!

In the case of the ITS vs CTR seats, I think the materials and build quality are on par with each other. The difference is in the shape, the feel of the materials, and intended purposeā€¦and people are gonna have differing opinions on this stuff. I wouldnā€™t say someone is wrong for liking the ITS seats better. Maybe they fit their body better? Or maybe they have no intent on tracking their ITS? Itā€™s subjective and thereā€™s a lot of nuances involved.

Last edited:

FLRib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
The problem is that ITS has nothing to do with the Integra Type R. It just borrowed the name of the Integra Type R. The ITS is a FL5 with a new body!

FL5 follows the tradition of the Civic Type R since 1997. Started with EK9, EP3, FN2, FK2, FK8 and now FL5. Every new version shares the same concept created in 1997.

I have owned the EP3, FN2, FK2, FK8 and now I have a FL5. I can say that all of then share the same lineage of the Civic Type R. The ITS is a new creation but without any ancestor

Last edited:

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The problem is that ITS has nothing to do with the Integra Type R. It just borrowed the name of the Integra Type R. The ITS is a FL5 with a new body!
ā€¦and Honda/Acura have said as much.

Theyā€™re indeed twins, but not 1:1 identical. Which twin you favor is a personal thing. I have zero issue with ITS folks being here. The more the merrier! We should be sharing info and sharing in the fun of twins!

Back in the day, I donā€™t recall this kind of in-fighting between Honda/Acura fans. Iā€™m sure there was some competitiveness, but it was more like sibling rivalry. At the end of the day weā€™re in the same family and should be helping each other out!

boneR

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Champ White FL5
The integra was built after the type R with parts from the type R. I think a lot of the "special" people refer to in the type R is where it was built and what it is built for. The limited production also helps make it "special" and years from now the type R will be special to the ones that can find one.
Sponsored