• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Acura Integra Type S Observations

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, the exclusivity argument doesn’t hold water for making the CTR more “special,” though.

3 things make something exclusive:
1. Price. 2. Supply. 3. Stuff that is available by invitation only. I’m talking the J Club (Jay Leno, MJ, Jay-Z) ; Folks who are invited by the manufacturer to own something bespoke.

With this in mind :

1. ITS is more expensive.
2. ITS is only available in NA. I’m not sure about expected production numbers, but I am sure they won’t approach global CTR numbers.
3. Well…this doesn’t apply to either the ITS nor CTR. Lol!

Just adding some objectivity to the convo.

It is understood that “R” is for “racing” and the CTR has history and pedigree behind it. As such, the CTR is the more track-focused (less luxury) of the two. It’s cool that it is built in Japan, where it all started. I’ll be honest, these three things make the CTR more special to me as well and are amongst the reasons I sought and bought my car. But to those who don’t really place a high value on these things, is the ITS any less “special?” Stripping both cars of their R and S, is one more special than the other when the rubber meets the road? I don’t really think so. They’re both soooo good. But it’s fun to debate!😄
Sponsored

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I think the “special factor” for some people is based on ADM and how much they Paid for this special car. We were told at first that the FL5 is a limited production car. With 2400 in the US and 10k built worldwide so far this year, I’m not sure how much more limited it will be compared to the FK8.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I think the “special factor” for some people is based on ADM and how much they Paid for this special car. We were told at first that the FL5 is a limited production car. With 2400 in the US and 10k built worldwide so far this year, I’m not sure how much more limited it will be compared to the FK8.
The ‘23s are almost done so lets say 2,800 to us x 3 years. Lets just say 9k vs the 20k of FK8. Much different but maybe thats the hohos talking.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah. We all talked about this way back when FL5’s started reaching the US. There are many factors involved (including vastly different economics and parts availability now vs peak FK8 production). Where it stands today, it doesn’t appear that FL5 numbers will reach FK8 numbers…not in the US anyway. Just have to wait and see…but don’t wait too long if you’re really wanting one. It’s a crazy and often unpredictable world we live in.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
It is understood that “R” is for “racing” and the CTR has history and pedigree behind it. As such, the CTR is the more track-focused (less luxury) of the two. It’s cool that it is built in Japan, where it all started. I’ll be honest, these three things make the CTR more special to me as well and are amongst the reasons I sought and bought my car. But to those who don’t really place a high value on these things, is the ITS any less “special?” Stripping both cars of their R and S, is one more special than the other when the rubber meets the road? I don’t really think so. They’re both soooo good. But it’s fun to debate!😄
I agree with everything here, nothing makes either more special. I figured the heritage was what swung me over to the CTR side from the GRC, WRX, etc. As soon as I saw the videos and reveals of the looks with homages to past Type Rs like the Accord R, and even the NSX with the style of the cover for the shifter with the carbon fiber. I knew this was "special" to me.

If you debadge an FL5, you'll still make out it's an evolution of the CTR. If you debadge the DE5 you'll say "It's like the CTR" but it doesn't look like the evolution of an ITR. Well, there's the yellow needle on the cluster in Sport mode and the indented "Integra" word mark. Which is a cool throwback and special to me. I'll admit, I expected more and I know that's kind of asking for a lot to want more. Because if they made it a coupe or something like a "love letter" to Acuras and past Type S variants of Honda cars (even the JDM S2000 Type S) it would be more expensive than $52k USD.

I think we should be grateful. And I think they did the best they could with what Honda Japan probably allowed.

So I still think both are special in their own way.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, I 1000% agree. I think the REAL issue is exactly that! We all expected the ITS to be more than what it is. There’s definitely nothing wrong with the ITS, it’s just not quite what we all were hoping for (a coupe). As such, it’s not differentiated enough from the CTR…so here we are with the toilet swirling with pointless bickering about “specialness.”

Kash338

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Alright I'm going to go ahead and say it. People within the type r community keep referring the type r as special because they let Honda put into their minds that it is special. Throughout the pre release press tour, Honda kept saying it was special and when it came out, dealerships slapped 10k+ adm on it. People (not everyone of course) then proceeded to pay the ridiculous adm and they justify the purchase by continously saying that it's special. Now I love both the type r and the type s and I'm in the market for both. I don't think either are special and even though people are paying 50k+ for these cars, these cars are not going to be anywhere worth the amount that some people have paid so far (yes type r people even if you walk into a dealership and say that it's a special car, the dealership will laugh and say ok we'll give you 20k 😂). People can get mad but I don't care. Right now it's a bunch grown adults arguing like kids 😂.

Edit: if people want to get hurt about this post or the thread, then stay in your respective forum

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Feels, but isn't! I've had M cars before, fast, not engaging.

WRT to trolling, who's posting in a CTR forum but doesn't have a CTR? Hmm :)
Who has never driven an ITS and is spamming every thread on this forum? 😂 cute how hard you’re trying to keep CTR prices.

Is your retirement dependent on your car’s value maintained?

If not, Relax and go drive your car, or sell it now before the values tank with ITS in the market.

Last edited:

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Alright I'm going to go ahead and say it. People within the type r community keep referring the type r as special because they let Honda put into their minds that it is special. Throughout the pre release press tour, Honda kept saying it was special and when it came out, dealerships slapped 10k+ adm on it. People (not everyone of course) then proceeded to pay the ridiculous adm and they justify the purchase by continously saying that it's special. Now I love both the type r and the type s and I'm in the market for both. I don't think either are special and even though people are paying 50k+ for these cars, these cars are not going to be anywhere worth the amount that some people have paid so far (yes type r people even if you walk into a dealership and say that it's a special car, the dealership will laugh and say ok we'll give you 20k 😂). People can get mad but I don't care. Right now it's a bunch grown adults arguing like kids 😂.

Edit: if people want to get hurt about this post or the thread, then stay in your respective forum

Comes across as crass and whiny tbh. The R is special as its JDM and runs the blood of the RA272 which started it all and is the last ICE. The car is worth what the market says its worth - what people will pay. Now the macro economic outlook might change that we will have to see.

Trying to get in line for an LE (three years in advance) now that there has been so much talk of it lol. That screams special or maybe its the hohos talking!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Who has never driven an ITS and is spamming every thread on this forum? 😂 cute how hard you’re trying to keep CTR prices.

If not, Relax and go drive your car, or sell it now before the values tank with ITS in the market.

The ITS is a different market - those looking for a knock off with a few additional frills for 6-7k more assuming msrp. Both nice cars designed to satisfy different emotional desires. One screams passion the other a more rounded luxury brand daily.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R

I have driven the ITS on two occasions, and posted about it in this very thread:

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...-type-s-observations.52167/page-2#post-864857

I also never said anything about prices or money being a factor in my choice of cars, and I drive my CTR every day - don't be envious! Being on that Canadian CTR waitlist is really taking a toll on you....It's sad to see it happening. Enjoy your ITS until 2025 or 2026, when you might finally be get permission from the Canadian government in conjunction with Honda to touch a CTR.

Blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
I’m in the similar position, next on the list for both. In Canada it’s just a $5k cdn difference between the two.
For those that have driven both.
- is the clutch lighter in the ITS? I don’t like a super light clutch. I had the S2000 and that’s my favorite car ever.
- do you think the tech and the looks in the ITS will get dated quicker than the CTR?
- I keep seeing that the CTR feels more special? Is that because of the seating position?
- Think resale will be better on the CTR vs ITS?
- is the exhaust that big of a difference? The ITS exhaust on videos sounds infinitely better to me.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Yeah, the exclusivity argument doesn’t hold water for making the CTR more “special,” though.

3 things make something exclusive:
1. Price. 2. Supply. 3. Stuff that is available by invitation only. I’m talking the J Club (Jay Leno, MJ, Jay-Z) ; Folks who are invited by the manufacturer to own something bespoke.

With this in mind :

1. ITS is more expensive.
2. ITS is only available in NA. I’m not sure about expected production numbers, but I am sure they won’t approach global CTR numbers.
3. Well…this doesn’t apply to either the ITS nor CTR. Lol!

Just adding some objectivity to the convo.

Hit the nail on the head. I'm glad I have one of the two, and I'm glad we have some variation in flavor and price to give folks some options (although supply does constrain that choice a bit). Further, the mostly shared mechanical platforms give us some cool options (re: swapping dampers / seats) and encourage platform development.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I’m in the similar position, next on the list for both. In Canada it’s just a $5k cdn difference between the two.
For those that have driven both.
- is the clutch lighter in the ITS? I don’t like a super light clutch. I had the S2000 and that’s my favorite car ever.
- do you think the tech and the looks in the ITS will get dated quicker than the CTR?
- I keep seeing that the CTR feels more special? Is that because of the seating position?
- Think resale will be better on the CTR vs ITS?
- is the exhaust that big of a difference? The ITS exhaust on videos sounds infinitely better to me.
I've owned both:
  • The clutch is no different between the two. It's light but not too light, in my opinion (this is my 5th Honda with a manual). Hopefully, you get the chance to test drive one to make sure it suits your needs. You can always change it out for one that feels better to you.
  • The tech in most any car is already dated before it hits a dealership. Body styling-wise, the two are both pleasantly overstyled, in my opinion.
  • "Special" is subjective. The Type-R is made in Japan and most of the body paneling is Type-R specific, whereas the Type-S is made in Ohio using the A-Spec + Tech as a starting point with unique body paneling from the a-pillars forward and rear quarter panels back. The Type-R seats are much more aggressive (heavenly for some), but the Type-S seats (while not overly unique) are more capable of accommodating people with larger frames. The Type-S has more speakers and tech.
  • The resale value of one vs the other is TBD, but may not be worth giving too much thought--they're both depreciating assets.
  • Acura did a great job with the ITS exhaust, it's a more exciting sound versus the Type-R's stock exhaust, but the exhaust note is a personal preference. There's at least one person on here who bought a Type-S exhaust for their Type-R he's been pleased (some modification was required). More people around here have opted to buy aftermarket exhausts that are waaaay more aggressive than the Type-S' stock exhaust.
  • For what it's worth, the Type-S comes with a longer warranty and complimentary maintenance period, something that's often overlooked.
  • The ride/amount of road noise is similar in both cars. You can always add/remove sound deadening, or swap the adaptive damper modules to make one car more like the other.
You can't go wrong with either car, they're both legitimately great. Unfortunately, it doesn't make your decision any easier. I recommend you check out the FL5 to make sure you can fit comfortably in the seats, they're not great for everyone.

For what it's worth, it sounds to me like the FL5 is much harder to find in Canada versus the Type-S, so if you want something a little more unique/rare, the Type-R is probably it.

Blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Thanks so much for the answer. I guess I have to ask. Which did you end up with?

The driving experience is what means the most to me in the end. Is the biting point different between the two cars?

I've owned both:
  • The clutch is no different between the two. It's light but not too light, in my opinion (this is my 5th Honda with a manual). Hopefully, you get the chance to test drive one to make sure it suits your needs. You can always change it out for one that feels better to you.
  • The tech in most any car is already dated before it hits a dealership. Body styling-wise, the two are both pleasantly overstyled, in my opinion.
  • "Special" is subjective. The Type-R is made in Japan and most of the body paneling is Type-R specific, whereas the Type-S is made in Ohio using the A-Spec + Tech as a starting point with unique body paneling from the a-pillars forward and rear quarter panels back. The Type-R seats are much more aggressive (heavenly for some), but the Type-S seats (while not overly unique) are more capable of accommodating people with larger frames. The Type-S has more speakers and tech.
  • The resale value of one vs the other is TBD, but may not be worth giving too much thought--they're both depreciating assets.
  • Acura did a great job with the ITS exhaust, it's a more exciting sound versus the Type-R's stock exhaust, but the exhaust note is a personal preference. There's at least one person on here who bought a Type-S exhaust for their Type-R he's been pleased (some modification was required). More people around here have opted to buy aftermarket exhausts that are waaaay more aggressive than the Type-S' stock exhaust.
  • For what it's worth, the Type-S comes with a longer warranty and complimentary maintenance period, something that's often overlooked.
  • The ride/amount of road noise is similar in both cars. You can always add/remove sound deadening, or swap the adaptive damper modules to make one car more like the other.
You can't go wrong with either car, they're both legitimately great. Unfortunately, it doesn't make your decision any easier. I recommend you check out the FL5 to make sure you can fit comfortably in the seats, they're not great for everyone.

For what it's worth, it sounds to me like the FL5 is much harder to find in Canada versus the Type-S, so if you want something a little more unique/rare, the Type-R is probably it.
Sponsored