• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
If you believe you’re too old, then you are too old. @mattsSi I’m older than you and actually think it’s frikkin’ cool when people my age and even MUCH older don’t abide by social pressures to look, dress, or act a certain way. Honestly, who gives a shit? If you used to have fun in your younger years, who the F is to tell you that you can no longer have fun as you get older? I knew a guy 20 years older than me with an FK8 and I thought it was coolest! I can understand tastes changing/maturing with age. But if you like the FL5, don’t use age as a reason to hold back.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I think the deeper issue hear is that unless you were some of the first to place deposits with the non shady dealers in Canada its unobtainium now to get the FL5.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Hey Guys,

New to the party here. I was one of the first in Canada to pick up a 22' Si. Since 1990 I've owned a lot of Hondas and a couple Acuras. In 2022 I Couldn't afford the R, nor get one even if I wanted at the time, due to waiting list.
I've read every post and watched every video available for the Type-S. Have also watched Nordshleife Type-R on YouTube. If you guys haven't seen this guy race his own Type R against many superior cars on the Nurburgring, and beat them, I highly suggest watching this stuff. Some of the best 8 min videos you'll ever see. This guy has a passenger, with no helmets, pushing the Type-R to the max, passing cars in the segment and many upper class vehicles as well. Watching these videos, I realized the k20 engine with a Type-R like chassis is what I want. S3's, Golf R's cannot compete with this car. Sure, off the line AWD will gap a FWD vehicle, but FWD beats them everywhere else...corners and -will pull away on rolls. Luckily my job has changed and has offered me the opportunity to step up from the mediocre Si to a vehicle like the Type-R or Type-S.
It seems everyone is arguing about why the Type-R and or Type S is better. I think we can all agree they are both gorgeous machines.
For me, being 42, I can't stomach driving around with a Type R wing. Sure it's cool for a 20-30 year old. But not an old dude with kids. That wing is proper and functional, but I won't often be driving at speeds that require its usefulness.
That's why I have my deposit on a Type-S in Ontario. No markup, no two year wait, no nonsense boy racer wing. Most of these type R fanatics putting the S down, will most likely never track thier car, and probably believe the wing is for looks.
Type-S it is, all the way.
You're not old enough. When you pass 50 like me, you won't give a crap what people think of your car. 😄
Sponsored