• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Acura Integra Type S Observations

Azkyrie

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra Type S
Yeah, I 1000% agree. I think the REAL issue is exactly that! We all expected the ITS to be more than what it is. There’s definitely nothing wrong with the ITS, it’s just not quite what we all were hoping for (a coupe). As such, it’s not differentiated enough from the CTR…so here we are with the toilet swirling with pointless bickering about “specialness.”
For me personally I hoped ITS wouldn’t be a coupe and glad it isn’t. I have three children and the ginormous rear space is very welcome (I owned a 2000 Integra). Acura is a luxury branch of Honda so any hopes of a completely designed and differentiated Integra wouldn’t have happened as the R&D money for development likely isn’t there.

The experience is nearly identical to CTR with more comfort and exhaust pops/bangs. It suits someone like me in late 30’s with a family. If it were an all out sport coupe I wouldn’t have purchased.

Thanks so much for the answer. I guess I have to ask. Which did you end up with?

The driving experience is what means the most to me in the end. Is the biting point different between the two cars?
Naturally superb steering with excellent body control. ITS is tuned with more focus on mid-range power and responsiveness. Other than that it’s the same amazing experience you’d get in a CTR both in power and cornering performance.

If you like the styling like I do but want the civic performance then you would enjoy this car. There’s extra sound dampening and the ride isn’t as harsh along with an exhaust that hits the right notes with the pops. It’s a daily driver street car but can also be tracked if you wish.

Biting point is on the higher side and clutch+gearbox remain top notch as it is in the type R.
Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Thanks so much for the answer. I guess I have to ask. Which did you end up with?

The driving experience is what means the most to me in the end. Is the biting point different between the two cars?
I traded the Type-S (Black/Black) for my Type-R (Championship White) after about 2 months of ownership--I bought the Type-S largely because Type-R's were so tough to come by, and it was a big surprise when the Honda dealership near me called saying my name had been pulled for a Championship White Type-R on their showroom floor. I was really fortunate to get both at MSRP, and the Honda dealership was willing to negotiate with me on my trade because a manager wanted the Type-S. Once everything was settled, I got the Type-R with the equivalent of a ~$1,800 markup, and I figure it was a very small price to pay for the joy of getting to own a Type-S for a couple months followed by the Type-R in my favorite color option.

These cars are more similar than people realize, and the driving experience is going to be largely the same. I'm not an expert, but I believe the clutch bites at the same spot for both. The seating is the biggest difference. I don't mind bucket seats, even for daily driving purposes, but they're not comfortable for everyone.

These cars are made by the same company, but in very different factories. I had one of the first 500 Type-S' and mine had great panel alignment, but was plagued with some rattles and buzzes that the Acura dealership could never sort out. I passed on a couple white Type-S' because the paint was mismatched between the plastic and metal panels. Maybe I'm overly picky, but strictly comparing the Type-S I traded and the Type-R I bought, I felt my Type-R was the more quality product. Plenty of people around here have rattles and buzzes in their Type-R's. YMMV.

Blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
@RUNN1N and @Azkyrie

It means a lot you guys taking the effort to write a response. It’s helping a lot. I was certain I wanted the Type R. Then it was the Type S. But you guys are right I really do need to see both in person and try them out. It’s a bit more difficult to try to pull that off. But I will probably make the hour and a half drive to check out an ITS sitting in the showroom.

Something keeps pulling me towards the Type R. But I really cannot see the downside to the Type S especially for the$5k difference and better warranty which I didn’t even consider before you advised of that.

I traded the Type-S (Black/Black) for my Type-R (Championship White) after about 2 months of ownership--I bought the Type-S largely because Type-R's were so tough to come by, and it was a big surprise when the Honda dealership near me called saying my name had been pulled for a Championship White Type-R on their showroom floor. I was really fortunate to get both at MSRP, and the Honda dealership was willing to negotiate with me on my trade because a manager wanted the Type-S. Once everything was settled, I got the Type-R with the equivalent of a ~$1,800 markup, and I figure it was a very small price to pay for the joy of getting to own a Type-S for a couple months followed by the Type-R in my favorite color option.

These cars are more similar than people realize, and the driving experience is going to be largely the same. I'm not an expert, but I believe the clutch bites at the same spot for both. The seating is the biggest difference. I don't mind bucket seats, even for daily driving purposes, but they're not comfortable for everyone.

These cars are made by the same company, but in very different factories. I had one of the first 500 Type-S' and mine had great panel alignment, but was plagued with some rattles and buzzes that the Acura dealership could never sort out. I passed on a couple white Type-S' because the paint was mismatched between the plastic and metal panels. Maybe I'm overly picky, but strictly comparing the Type-S I traded and the Type-R I bought, I felt my Type-R was the more quality product. Plenty of people around here have rattles and buzzes in their Type-R's. YMMV.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
@RUNN1N and @Azkyrie

It means a lot you guys taking the effort to write a response. It’s helping a lot. I was certain I wanted the Type R. Then it was the Type S. But you guys are right I really do need to see both in person and try them out. It’s a bit more difficult to try to pull that off. But I will probably make the hour and a half drive to check out an ITS sitting in the showroom.

Something keeps pulling me towards the Type R. But I really cannot see the downside to the Type S especially for the$5k difference and better warranty which I didn’t even consider before you advised of that.
I'm biased.. but there are a bunch of civics running around and only someone in the know would realize how unique the Type R is. Everyone else assumes it's a normal civic that some kid threw a spoiler on. The Acura in my area is pretty rare. I have seen a total of 3 Aspec's in the last year and not another Type S. As for Type R's I have seen two and the Boost Blue was my favorite. As for standard civics I see 2 or 3 a day sometimes more.

WillyK

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I test drove the ITS a couple of times and was pretty much settled on getting that. Then in July I happened upon a CTR with only a $5k markup and jumped on it. Every time I'd checked on one prior to this they'd been at least $10k over.

What swayed me to the CTR is the primarily the seats and I also didn't like the tacked on pieces on the rear doors of the ITS. In white it was very obvious they're just stuck on, in black they probably look better.

Both cars are excellent. So far I've seen one ITS on the road in my area and zero CTRs other than my own.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
I test drove the ITS a couple of times and was pretty much settled on getting that. Then in July I happened upon a CTR with only a $5k markup and jumped on it. Every time I'd checked on one prior to this they'd been at least $10k over.

What swayed me to the CTR is the primarily the seats and I also didn't like the tacked on pieces on the rear doors of the ITS. In white it was very obvious they're just stuck on, in black they probably look better.

Both cars are excellent. So far I've seen one ITS on the road in my area and zero CTRs other than my own.
The tacked on parts is one of the reasons someone might not have liked the FK8. Overdone with tacked on pieces. That’s how I see the ITS. The FL5 incorporated the wide fenders.

Both are good cars. Sit in both, pick the color you like and go with it.

Azkyrie

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra Type S
@RUNN1N and @Azkyrie

Civic Type R and Integra Type S are basically twin cousins. I think they both look great. I was always going to get an Integra regardless if it’s an R or an S.

Comes down to your personal preference and the price out the door you can get one of these for. They’re both extremely fun to drive. If the only determinant is 0-60 and 1/4mile times then one is looking at the wrong manufacturer. There are cars with 500-700+ hp out there but how much of it will be useable on the street daily driving?

The feel and experience are where it’s at. CTR/ITS won’t disappoint. Try to get a test drive and you’ll know without anyone convincing you
Sponsored