• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2023 Civic Type R or the new 2024 Acura Integra Type S? Which one do you prefer?

Truu

First Name
Truu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2021 Type R,
Quit trying to justify the markup you paid bruh šŸ˜‚
Sir Iā€™m not trying to justify anything. Iā€™ll pay a reasonable price for anything I want in life.
You cannot compare a type r to a type s. Thatā€™s why they didnā€™t name it an integra type R
Sponsored

GJPEN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru WRX STI
Sir Iā€™m not trying to justify anything. Iā€™ll pay a reasonable price for anything I want in life.
You cannot compare a type r to a type s. Thatā€™s why they didnā€™t name it an integra type R
Bruh. 90+ % of the car is the same plus the same engine how is it not reasonable to compare? Itā€™s not a Integra Type R because of the marketing, not that one is above the other. There is no Civic type S.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
People really feel the need to justify their car purchase by putting down other cars... crazy.
Thereā€™s that, plus the fact people are still hung up on the whole ā€œSā€ and ā€œRā€ marketing thing. Letā€™s forget the last NSX was a Type S. Iā€™m sure the owners of these very limited and already collectible ā€œSā€hitmobiles are very upset their cars didnā€™t come with Type-R badges. They must not be good cars without an ā€œRā€ on them.šŸ¤Ŗ

Truu

First Name
Truu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just how i feel. The question from the OP is which do you perfer. i gave my opinion yall just dont like it. i own a fk8 and a fl5. im not trying to justify anything im just saying type r > type s. hope yall keep the same energy when that type s hit the streets. Going to be just as slow as that a spec. Who ever gets it got next lane.

Bobbymcbobby

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R Championship White
It should feel similar given that both are on the same chassis and benefit from being more rigid. But its hard to say until we find out how they decided to adjust the damping and springs
I donā€™t believe itā€™s the same chassis is it?
Also to all the comments, at the end of the day the type s is made more catered towards the American customer base, also made in America. That being said, the R is definitely a more iconic name in Japan, but does not mean an S is insignificant. At the end of the day if someone wants an acura integra over a Honda civic or vice versa more power to them itā€™s the same damn company

Truu

First Name
Truu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Totally agree...this is the sickness of our time...tribalism. šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’ØšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Like I said before Iā€™m not putting down a car. Itā€™s an opinion post. I havenā€™t seen a fast Acura yet. The TLX type S is slow.. Acura is just the luxury side to honda. They all look the same. I bought something unique. Who ever donā€™t like it buy the type S when it comes out and jump over to that forum and say itā€™s better than the type r.

GJPEN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru WRX STI
Like I said before Iā€™m not putting down a car. Itā€™s an opinion post. I havenā€™t seen a fast Acura yet. The TLX type S is slow.. Acura is just the luxury side to honda. They all look the same. I bought something unique. Who ever donā€™t like it buy the type S when it comes out and jump over to that forum and say itā€™s better than the type r.
You say that youā€™re not denigrating someone elseā€™s purchase decision but then say how the car is slow as f*ck, etc, and contradict yourself? Huhh?

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I donā€™t believe itā€™s the same chassis is it?
Also to all the comments, at the end of the day the type s is made more catered towards the American customer base, also made in America. That being said, the R is definitely a more iconic name in Japan, but does not mean an S is insignificant. At the end of the day if someone wants an acura integra over a Honda civic or vice versa more power to them itā€™s the same damn company
Its on the same platform, so yes its the same chassis unless you are getting into the semantics of exactly what a chassis is vs a platform. The Integra just has a different designation (DE4) while the Civic is called the FE/FL. Idk what the name Honda has for the Civic platform, I just did a quick google search and I think its called HA.

The ITS should look nearly identical to the CTR underneath except for the exhaust and maybe the dampers. But its really hard to say what's different until we get more info but both cars will have the same architecture and considering how Honda is pretty persistent on subsidizing R&D costs of the Civic with the Integra I don't think it'll be that big of a difference. Cars that are on the same platform with a similar underbody have similar driving dynamics.

Last edited:

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
You say that youā€™re not denigrating someone elseā€™s purchase decision but then say how the car is slow as f*ck, etc, and contradict yourself? Huhh?
You think it's bad here. Go on the FL5 FB Group šŸ˜‚

Truu

First Name
Truu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never saw a fast Acura yet other than the NSX. Sorry. Not degrading them itā€™s just a luxury car.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Never saw a fast Acura yet other than the NSX. Sorry. Not degrading them itā€™s just a luxury car.
I don't think any civic based car is fast. When you say fast I'm thinking 0-60 and FWD ICE isn't going to match an EV.
Heck the new Prius is "Fast" with a 6 second 0-60.