• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2023 FL5 Civic type R accessory installation

Loudogdude

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Honda Civic Type R
Hey y'all if anyone interested i'm looking to part with the foot/under seat light set & the trunk tailgate light install kit hmu
Sponsored

mccoma4

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 fl5,2021 audi rs6 avant,2022 ford f250 shelby
I'm going to stop by the dealership tomorrow and see if the poor guy in Parts can help me with a wiring diagram for the door harness. Clearly I've tapped into the wrong wire in each one, but I followed the instructions, which tells me the instructions are RHD-specific and LHD models are slightly different.

I lucked out tonight as I set out to do some exploratory surgery--I put the windows down with the door open and just happened to notice the pattern on the driver's side.

I'll admit I'm slightly relieved to think I'm close to getting these working, just need to know which of the ~20 wires I should be using.

have you found which set of wires make these run properly? ive ran into a wall so far. the idea i had makes them too dim

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
have you found which set of wires make these run properly? ive ran into a wall so far. the idea i had makes them too dim
Care to share a picture of your results and a breakdown of how you got there?

I'm not an electrician, but I assumed these weren't dimmable and therefore wouldn't function with insufficient power.

mccoma4

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Care to share a picture of your results and a breakdown of how you got there?

I'm not an electrician, but I assumed these weren't dimmable and therefore wouldn't function with insufficient power.
I have not found an answer as of yet. but i have learned that the integras come standard with the plug in. ;( so im going to dig in and see if i can compare the two

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I have not found an answer as of yet. but i have learned that the integras come standard with the plug in. ;( so im going to dig in and see if i can compare the two
Yeah the Integra has a plug inside the door for the pattern projector.

Someone previously circulated instructions from a dealership in Germany for installing the Type R pattern projectors. These may be useful for wiring USDM Type R's as both markets are LHD. The UK/Japan instructions should not be followed as they are RHD-specific. Did you follow any instructions when wiring yours?

Pictures of your dim projectors and a breakdown of how you wired yours would be helpful.

mccoma4

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
currently the only test run i had was tying the red on the the hot of the accent light on the door panel. the green to the green wire on the 37 pin connector. and the black wire to the body ground of the door. so that was my first failed attempt
Sponsored