• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Integra Type S
Worthless article.
They took two independent tests and used them as a reference to create a new article. It makes you think that both vehicles were tested together again.

CTR was tested on a cool autumn day (last days of November)
ITS was tested on a hot July

The CTR will perform better.

Just check the performance metrics from these two articles and compare it with the new one.
Hint: They are identical
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a44212736/2024-acura-integra-type-s-drive/
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a41952459/2023-honda-civic-type-r-by-the-numbers/

Lazy Journalism to the maximum expression.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I agree. At minimum, they should list the date and weather when the tests were conducted when writing a comparo article. I feel like this is pretty typical of C&D though.:doh:

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
To their credit they do note in their test procedures that they apply weather correction factors:

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a32018270/how-we-test-cars/#performance

All of our straight-line acceleration results are the average of the best run in opposite directions, to account for wind. Ambient weather conditions—we record absolute barometric pressure and wet- and dry-bulb temperatures trackside—determine how much power an engine makes. Because of that, we also correct acceleration results to 60 degrees Fahrenheit at sea level. Cooler air is denser and contains more oxygen, allowing the engine to burn more fuel and make more power. Similarly, high barometric pressure produces more power than low pressure, and dry air has more oxygen than moist air.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Missed opportunity to test them on the same day.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
One spec that jumps out is that the Integra is a good 6 inches longer. So that much tighter in a garage.

The weird thing is, with all that extra length, the CTR actually has a hair more storage and passenger room.
What did they do with that extra six inches??

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
One spec that jumps out is that the Integra is a good 6 inches longer. So that much tighter in a garage.

The weird thing is, with all that extra length, the CTR actually has a hair more storage and passenger room.
I was wondering about that, too. Just glad i got my CTR 😁

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R

It’s just the body panels overhang the front and back a little more. It’s the styling. Obviously they didn’t stretch the chassis 6”. LOL!

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
It’s just the body panels overhang the front and back a little more. It’s the styling. Obviously they didn’t stretch the chassis 6”. LOL!
Well... that extra 6 inches would have prevented the car from ever sitting in my garage :nono: :cry: :rant:
unless it's higher than the FL5, then it could overhang my stoop.
but they put a raised platform in the garage that the CTR butts up against, but cannot overhang. that's the terminal point for any car here...

p.s. - we're on uneven ground and a slope, so i think we needed that slab for leveling the house and allowing for draining any water to the outside.

11th Gen Honda Civic Fraternal Twins Comparison: 2024 Integra Type S vs. 2023 Civic Type R -- Performance Tested tight-squeeze-front-plate

Last edited:

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Glad the FK8 fits. I don't have length to spare in the garage space either.
Not if i want to be able to open the trunk, or walk around t least one end of the car.

Honda, can you keep the rear legroom and storage and make these cars shorter? Maybe a feature that allows them to slide out from a two door to a four door as needed. I have seen at least one concept car that did that. Makes a lot of sense. Along with the ability to move sideways as well as back and forward. Seen that, too.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
It’s kinda ridiculous how big cars have gotten over the last 10 years, let alone 20 years. 10 yr old cars have a lot of the same safety stuff available today, so safety can’t be the entire source of the bloat. Don’t get me wrong, I love my FL5, but I also kinda miss the smallness of older cars and their more glove-like fit. Maybe the problem is the SUV influence on the auto industry these days.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
The general population is getting bigger. Safety features. “Luxury” features makes cars bigger and heavier. My first car was a 99 Civic DX. The FK8 and now FL5 is not even close to that civic. Sound deadening is so good that it’s comparable to the 2017 Alfa Stelvio I leased. The FL5 parked next to my S2000 looks like a small crossover. I laugh every time I see it and think, this is a proper sedan and not a “hot hatch”.
Sponsored