• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OEM Fender/Hood Gaps Not Symmetrical?

pigfacedalarm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I did some googling, did not see anything for the FL5 but saw this was an issue with the FK8, so I assume it carried over to the FL5 but would like confirmation.

My left side (drivers side in US) has a slightly larger gap between the fender and hood than the right side. When I mean slight, I mean approximately 1-1.5mm larger gap. I know it fits within the industry standard tolerances for body work, but I just noticed it and wanted to see if this is widespread?

I refuse to make any adjustments since I know thatā€™ll probably throw something else off, plus itā€™s very minor. But extremely curious if Iā€™m just unlucky or itā€™s still an issue with the FL5 assembly.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
My FL5 has this drivers side hood gap too, and it really bothers me. Is there any way to adjust the hood or is this just never going to be fixable? I canā€™t upload a pic - even after resizing

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Your car is good. Keep motoring. : )

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
My FL5 has this drivers side hood gap too, and it really bothers me. Is there any way to adjust the hood or is this just never going to be fixable? I canā€™t upload a pic - even after resizing
Loosen the bolts from the hinges to the hood and you can adjust it there.

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok thank you, surprised mine got through like this, seems really bad. Or maybe Iā€™m just way too OCD

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 21 Porsche Cayman GT4, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
I am ocd and my FK8 was horrible and also had paint issues and blemishes all over. My FL5 is way better quality and gaps improved.
Passenger side of my hood was down a hair lower then the fender so I adjusted that via the rubber adjusters under the hood.

My hatch is my biggest issue with my passenger side definitely bigger then the drivers side along the roof line. I didnā€™t see a easy way to adjust it so Iā€™ll let it go hahahaha.

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am ocd and my FK8 was horrible and also had paint issues and blemishes all over. My FL5 is way better quality and gaps improved.
Passenger side of my hood was down a hair lower then the fender so I adjusted that via the rubber adjusters under the hood.

My hatch is my biggest issue with my passenger side definitely bigger then the drivers side along the roof line. I didnā€™t see a easy way to adjust it so Iā€™ll let it go hahahaha.
Iā€˜m afraid to even look at my hatch now šŸ˜‚
Sponsored