• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
It’s currently at 136 (USD to Yen) and a great time to import JDM goods for those Gunpla fans ;)

B567B59E-8C45-42A8-B75D-6D30281F1C1A.jpeg
Another pro of a strong dollar is it should incentivize Honda to sell a higher ratio of cars in the US than before, because they’ll pay workers and Japanese suppliers in Yen and then get paid in Dollars by American customers.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Well looking at this data sheet its gonna be 330hp at the minimum (2 times 165, since I estimate its 165hp per litler they are trying to show, minimum)
11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos h

So 90% of those American idiot reviewers who didnt even did the effort to research, that state it will be around 310-315hp, are already wrong.
Because they failed to look up that the EU (and Japan) spec Type R's of the current generation already made 320hp!

That irritating ADHD dude from Redline reviews made an estimated guess of around 310 or was it 308 hp for the new Type R 🤣
Come on, that would be even less than the 320hp the current Type R makes in Europe...it shows how arrogant and lazy that dude is....like many ot the American reviewers or that matter. (not all of them)

BluR88

First Name
KL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8, 2002 AP1
Well looking at this data sheet its gonna be 330hp at the minimum (2 times 165, since I estimate its 165hp per litler they are trying to show, minimum)
hp.jpg

So 90% of those American idiot reviewers who didnt even did the effort to research, that state it will be around 310-315hp, are already wrong.
Because they failed to look up that the EU (and Japan) spec Type R's of the current generation already made 320hp!

That irritating ADHD dude from Redline reviews made an estimated guess of around 310 or was it 308 hp for the new Type R 🤣
Come on, that would be even less than the 320hp the current Type R makes in Europe...it shows how arrogant and lazy that dude is....like many ot the American reviewers or that matter. (not all of them)
11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos fl5_spec_leak

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
1 PS = 0.9863 HP

US FK8: 310 PS / 306 HP
EU FK8: 320 PS / 316 HP (and Japan)

JP FL5: 330 PS / 325 HP (and probably EU)
US FL5: ~320 PS / ~316 HP (estimated)

Sofyan (Redline Reviews) said 310 HP so he‘s probably off by 6. Not the end of the world.

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos 3792D33C-3437-461C-B230-BB9EC995CB2F

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Even with 20hp, its not going to be noticeably faster… dont try pulling on a coyote mustang.
A higher torque number might make it more fun in the mid range though. Top speed might be increased as well.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
I would never consider this car a straight line beast. I'd buy different cars if I cared more about power.

Based on Japanese interviews and materials (thanks google translate), when they designed the car, goals in their mind were not exactly measurable. They wanted to bring that feeling, that driver connection to a whole new level. It seems there's a lot of rework in a bunch of areas in suspension and aero. Every single thing was scrutinized. Based on this, I'm super excited that this is going to take the crown as THE driver's car to have.

On the power side, they talked about bringing down the boost lag further with lighter impeller and some other things. Lighter flywheel compared to fk8. There's probably more, but they didn't want to make so much power that it becomes less enjoyable.

Seems like this is the kind of driver's car that would create an addiction beyond what fk8 has done. That's exactly what I'm looking for to replace my long gone K20A Acura.

Part 1: https://response.jp/article/2022/07/21/359923.html

Part 2: https://response.jp/article/2022/07/22/359985.html#cxrecs_s

There are lots of slides to go through in the photos section. Use Google lens to translate.
Sponsored