• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I would never consider this car a straight line beast. I'd buy different cars if I cared more about power.

Based on Japanese interviews and materials (thanks google translate), when they designed the car, goals in their mind were not exactly measurable. They wanted to bring that feeling, that driver connection to a whole new level. It seems there's a lot of rework in a bunch of areas in suspension and aero. Every single thing was scrutinized. Based on this, I'm super excited that this is going to take the crown as THE driver's car to have.

On the power side, they talked about bringing down the boost lag further with lighter impeller and some other things. Lighter flywheel compared to fk8. There's probably more, but they didn't want to make so much power that it becomes less enjoyable.

Seems like this is the kind of driver's car that would create an addiction beyond what fk8 has done. That's exactly what I'm looking for to replace my long gone K20A Acura.

Part 1: https://response.jp/article/2022/07/21/359923.html

Part 2: https://response.jp/article/2022/07/22/359985.html#cxrecs_s

There are lots of slides to go through in the photos section. Use Google lens to translate.
Oooo this slide is encouraging! I would think they wouldn't have a slide to show off how many units the last gen Type R sold unless they were planning to sell even more this time around!

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos 1779229
Sponsored

iqbad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R 2018, Audi TT-RS 2010 400hp, Audi A6 3.0 TFSI 400hp
I mean I agree that old engine was very laggy, but I wonder now if the new turbo has smaller general capacity so you can’t get as much power as before with tuning? I mean a EA888 equipped golf R or cupra can run 100-200 below 9 sec (with DSG) and stage 2. We need more power to keep up since this car is manual!

slimfit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2011 WRX, Past: 06 Civic Si
Could someone with photoshop skills humor me and delete the wing? A tasteful ducktail would look way better.

Hytrax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M140i
Well I love that wing and for me it could not be big enough, I really appreciate Honda for this. But I dont really like the black version, in some pictures it is not even visible at first glance because of that color. I am hoping that there will be the option to have it in body color as well. I would pay for it.

FL5JR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AW11
Can some be so kind to photoshop front of the car to all to same Body color white ?

NA6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 BRG Miata
I'm very interested to see what the production numbers are planned to be. Since we're getting a 3 year run, I figured there would be less FL5s total than FK8s, but who knows! Maybe they'll ramp up production and those 3 years will produce more than the FK8's 6 years...

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
ok, market based limit, not a production based stop
thought so, 3 years would be stupidly short for a worldwide halt :rolleyes:

gotta be careful with local rumors and spreading them as general rules...

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
probably from the rumor that canada will only get 3 yr run with less than 600 units total
Pretty sure that rumor just meant they’ve allocated 600 for those first 3 years, and haven’t made allocation decisions for after that. It’s way too soon for Honda to decide 2026-2028 manufacturing numbers already.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Pretty sure that rumor just meant they’ve allocated 600 for those first 3 years, and haven’t made allocation decisions for after that. It’s way too soon for Honda to decide 2026-2028 manufacturing numbers already.
Production life cycle of a product is decided way before the car is released. It's part of the ROI on the R&D etc.

I'm almost certain the product won't go over the initial 3 year run estimate. EV investment in building the brand equity is far more important than servicing the ICE and performance crowd. Honda is already behind the game in the EV space. Allocating future plant space for the R is almost a garunteed no.

Honda is really just making this car as a love letter to its fans. The next phase it to try catch up to the Koreans who already have a massive lead in the EV space.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Production life cycle of a product is decided way before the car is released. It's part of the ROI on the R&D etc.

I'm almost certain the product won't go over the initial 3 year run estimate. EV investment in building the brand equity is far more important than servicing the ICE and performance crowd. Honda is already behind the game in the EV space. Allocating future plant space for the R is almost a garunteed no.

Honda is really just making this car as a love letter to its fans. The next phase it to try catch up to the Koreans who already have a massive lead in the EV space.
Oh I’m sure Honda corporate/engineering has internal estimates for the whole run, but assuming there actually are 6 years planned, it’s way too soon for them to finalize those numbers 4 years out and give them to dealer networks already. We’ll see what happens, I think there’s been too much uncertainty with supply chains (and there likely will be for several years) to say anything for sure.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
Makes sense
Sponsored