• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Civic Si sedan
Interior is far far better than FK8. That’s for sure. I like that it is more subtle than the FK8 though I think the midsection looks a little weird. Oddly enough looks worse in red than white for this gen. Kinda bloated looking. But overall I love it. Really envious of the proper temp gauges.

Will probably stick with my FK8 though as the car market right now is dogshit and we know the dealers are gonna jack the prices to something absurd. Seems the power and whatnot is the same, so probably more of a refined FK8 at the end of the day.
Agreed it's the midsection that I think throws it off for me too. The front and rear work, it's just how they connect that I'm unsure about.

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Looks beautiful, hopping to get one in Sonic Gray Pearl down the road, i Hope fthe market improve, right now is not a good moment to buy this easily mark up vehicle.

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
Nothing unnecessary about it. It’s ugly. And it’s my personal opinion. Last I checked, I can “go around” and comment in a forum, can I not?

If you love the FK8, congrats. Tons of people do, and that’s cool. I don’t like the Gundam transformer FF look, shoot me.
You can like or dislike whatever you want, that's what I have been saying this whole time. I just don't agree with someone saying "Man I like it but miss X about the FK8" then you coming in and just saying "good that car was dogshit I HATED it, good riddance" Just seems like your trying to let everyone know your opinion or something, I don't really get that.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Agreed it's the midsection that I think throws it off for me too. The front and rear work, it's just how they connect that I'm unsure about.
Maybe it's the fact that the doors were widened out, whereas they skipped that for the FK8

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
A new circuit blue color was mentioned here around 5:50 mark, in addition to existing colors.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe it's the fact that the doors were widened out, whereas they skipped that for the FK8
Maybe, it's probably just the pics. The FK8 doesn't photograph great but looks amazing in person, to me. I'm sure the FL5 will be the same.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
You can like or dislike whatever you want, that's what I have been saying this whole time. I just don't agree with someone saying "Man I like it but miss X about the FK8" then you coming in and just saying "good that car was dogshit I HATED it, good riddance" Just seems like your trying to let everyone know your opinion or something, I don't really get that.
Never said anything was dog shit.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
…and btw I’ve seen tons of hate for the FL5, and it isn’t even out yet.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seeing the "Made in Japan" sticker might make people think the production cars are going to be made in Japan, although others have already said USDM spec will be made in Ohio. If true then my guess is that the preproduction ones (for debut and initial first drives potentially) were made in Japan in small numbers before mass production in Ohio?
HondaPro Jason said it'll be produced in Japan. Maybe that thread from earlier or the Indiana plant worker not knowing a thing was legit. The VIN on the red one shows it was made in Japan and it's LHD.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Regarding vents, I'm glad they're smaller, but i wish they were real vs fake. They look to be in the right place for brake cooling anyway...