• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official BOOST BLUE FL5 Type R Photos Thread

BoostB.FL559

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR
This is a good point too.
When I seen the BB for the first time in person I was like "this color screams look at me" But it's hard not to like it once you see it in person. I actually didn't take the vehicle home the first day for the same reason. I told myself I had to make sure I was going to be able to love the color and not just buy it just because it was available. But that didn't take me long to overcome since I was getting ready to order a Corvette C8 in the same color. After owning the vehicle for a couple weeks now, to say I am happy is simply an understatement...
Sponsored

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
When I seen the BB for the first time in person I was like "this color screams look at me" But it's hard not to like it once you see it in person. I actually didn't take the vehicle home the first day for the same reason. I told myself I had to make sure I was going to be able to love the color and not just buy it just because it was available. But that didn't take me long to overcome since I was getting ready to order a Corvette C8 in the same color. After owning the vehicle for a couple weeks now, to say I am happy is simply an understatement...
Word. Glad to hear Iā€™m not the only one with the same thoughts.

My dealer prides themselves on being an MSRP dealer, but they signed me up at $5k over for the FL5. I think if I canā€™t convince them to come down to MSRP or make some kind of deal with accessories Iā€™ll probably make the markup my deal breaker. Since it isnā€™t one of my top 2 colors itā€™d be hard for me to justify overpaying.

I really do like the color.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR, 2023 Integra aspec MT
11th Gen Honda Civic Official BOOST BLUE FL5 Type R Photos Thread BS

Picked her up last weekend. Asked the dealer not todo a thing to it so ive been detailing it! Got my new race numbers in and just had to test them! Shes a looker!

Anyone else's type r all scratched to hell? I guess if your dealers detailed them you wouldnt see. to me its scratched a lot but most owners wouldnt notice hah,

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
BS.jpg

Picked her up last weekend. Asked the dealer not todo a thing to it so ive been detailing it! Got my new race numbers in and just had to test them! Shes a looker!

Anyone else's type r all scratched to hell? I guess if your dealers detailed them you wouldnt see. to me its scratched a lot but most owners wouldnt notice hah,
Congrats! My dealer is doing the same and not detailing it. I'm picking mine up today, so I'll see if mine has paint issues. I'm worried that birds were landing on it at the port and scratching it up. I'm hoping it won't need a lot of work.

This reminds me that I need to order new numbers and class letters. Mine are similar in color to Boost Blue. They are outlined in black, but that won't be enough.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! My dealer is doing the same and not detailing it. I'm picking mine up today, so I'll see if mine has paint issues. I'm worried that birds were landing on it at the port and scratching it up. I'm hoping it won't need a lot of work.

This reminds me that I need to order new numbers and class letters. Mine are similar in color to Boost Blue. They are outlined in black, but that won't be enough.
Mine sat in port for 3 weeks and one more on the train! it was filthy! If anything have them take off the clear protective film on the roof and hood. They kept that on for me and its a pain in the ass to get it off. not so much where its thicker but all around the edges. the cars from japan get some sort of sticky rolled on protective film. its odd. lol

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
Mine sat in port for 3 weeks and one more on the train! it was filthy! If anything have them take off the clear protective film on the roof and hood. They kept that on for me and its a pain in the ass to get it off. not so much where its thicker but all around the edges. the cars from japan get some sort of sticky rolled on protective film. its odd. lol
How did you get that sticky stuff off? I have remnants of it in a handful of places. Some of it comes off like very fine/thin plastic, but others you almost have to pick at it. In thinking of Goo-Gone or a rubbing alcohol on a towel.

Last edited:

rev000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
How did you get that sticky stuff off? I have remnants of it in a handful of places. Some of it comes off like very fine/thin plastic, but others you almost have to pick at it. In thinking of Goo-Gone or a rubbing alcohol on a towel.
goo gone would work

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
goo gone didn't work for me, I mean it did it just took a lot more worth than it should.

I used carper eraser.
https://amzn.to/3HKo8TR

its something I used when detailing cars. strips the compounds and polish off the paint before ceramic coating. Worked really well with a good microfiber. still took some work but easier than googone.

also soften it up by using some hot water on it. just don't get so aggressive where you'll scratch it like I did. if you're detailing the car after then no worries :)