• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official SONIC GRAY 2022+ 11th Gen Civic & Si Thread

Michael90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Chrome deleted my window trim on Touring, removed Civic and Touring logo, and ordered gloss black H logos.

D584EC3C-912D-4067-A6F3-4D5F0696CC9E.jpeg
How did you get rid of the chrome? I thought I was the only one who didn't like that. They got rid of all chrome and gloss black with 11th gen but then left that random strip on the side and it just throws the visuals off imo

bguttery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
How did you get rid of the chrome? I thought I was the only one who didn't like that. They got rid of all chrome and gloss black with 11th gen but then left that random strip on the side and it just throws the visuals off imo
I had it vinyl wrapped in satin black.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vinyl wrap or get the oem black moldings, they do have that stock on the sport trim.

bguttery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Vinyl wrap or get the oem black moldings, they do have that stock on the sport trim.
Vinyl wrap. I was going to replace with the factory trim, but I spoke with College Hills Honda and they thought for the rear trim you also needed to remove the small rear glass. Not worth the trouble.

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355 2017 Cruze Premier Hatch (BNR Tuned)
Sonic Grey is a toss up for me because it changes so drastically in different lighting. In these pics I love it, that medium flat gray color, but I know from my brother in laws hatch that in sunlight it takes on a more... pastel blue gray tone that i'm not particularly in love with...
Its a toss up, anyway. My SGP CTR and my SGP Accord Touring, are both completely different colors. This may be something people want to watch out for, when you're buying this color. My Accord is waaaay lighter. Pic for comparison.

11th Gen Honda Civic Official SONIC GRAY 2022+ 11th Gen Civic & Si Thread 3A5E2290-6457-4621-91D2-A2013F34A5B1

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its a toss up, anyway. My SGP CTR and my SGP Accord Touring, are both completely different colors. This may be something people want to watch out for, when you're buying this color. My Accord is waaaay lighter. Pic for comparison.

3A5E2290-6457-4621-91D2-A2013F34A5B1.jpeg
I agree, Lunar silver metallic appears in different shades as well on different cars. Honda Fit always looks darker but CRV looks lighter. I guess it has to do with the profile of the car, larger flat areas appears lighter.

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree, Lunar silver metallic appears in different shades as well on different cars. Honda Fit always looks darker but CRV looks lighter. I guess it has to do with the profile of the car, larger flat areas appears lighter.
Its crazy that it’s not even close, though. My friends 21 Accord is the same color as my CTR. Just weird batch problems.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Its crazy that it’s not even close, though. My friends 21 Accord is the same color as my CTR. Just weird batch problems.
Lack of QC, thus recent shutdown of Swindon plant.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The colors would be the same if you put them side by side, but visually your mind will trick you to have different shades because of the different surface. The Fit has smaller surface and more body crease lines that creates more contrast in colors. Larger car has larger flat surface so less contrast is made so appears lighter.

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The colors would be the same if you put them side by side, but visually your mind will trick you to have different shades because of the different surface. The Fit has smaller surface and more body crease lines that creates more contrast in colors. Larger car has larger flat surface so less contrast is made so appears lighter.
Id like to think that. But when my buddies 21 SGP accord is parked right next to mine, my car is a totally different shade. Same cars, same sunlight, completely different color. I’ll have to get a picture next time.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Id like to think that. But when my buddies 21 SGP accord is parked right next to mine, my car is a totally different shade. Same cars, same sunlight, completely different color. I’ll have to get a picture next time.
Silver or gray colors in that regards has many shades in it even in the same car. LSM and SGP are one of the tougher colors to get paint match with.

If you look at the LSM on this sedan, you will see that the hood appears to be darker than the piece above the grille in these pictures. It's the angle of the surface that tricks you. And yes, the color will appear in different color as well on different painted materials, but they will appear identical in certain angles as well because of how the paint particle rest on the surfaces.

The plate garnish at the back appears lighter as well because it's curving out instead of curving in.

11th Gen Honda Civic Official SONIC GRAY 2022+ 11th Gen Civic & Si Thread 1625022557960

11th Gen Honda Civic Official SONIC GRAY 2022+ 11th Gen Civic & Si Thread 1625022675070

11th Gen Honda Civic Official SONIC GRAY 2022+ 11th Gen Civic & Si Thread 1625025546063
Sponsored