• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official SONIC GRAY PEARL FL5 Type R Photos Thread

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Ill do some clips and post them. No drone in comfort mode. The rest you will get mild at cruising speeds. The sound on the overrun is soooo good. Brit Leigh is the contact 865-233-8918 and can probably get you the discount. Mine was around $2k with the cerakote black tips.
Can you post some more pictures of the black tips as well? I'm definitely leaning towards Milltek - looks/sounds sick from what I've seen so far.
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Can you post some more pictures of the black tips as well? I'm definitely leaning towards Milltek - looks/sounds sick from what I've seen so far.
From the videos I've heard it does sound quiet good and it looks really good too. Much better than stock, that's for sure. What's curious to me is Dream Automotive has this exhaust on their project FL5 and it didn't really make any power over stock. They dyno'd it twice - once with few miles on the car and again after putting some miles on the motor and running at least a tank of fuel through the car and the results were the same. It's a sample size of one with no real details available on their testing method but the results give me pause.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
From the videos I've heard it does sound quiet good and it looks really good too. Much better than stock, that's for sure. What's curious to me is Dream Automotive has this exhaust on their project FL5 and it didn't really make any power over stock. They dyno'd it twice - once with few miles on the car and again after putting some miles on the motor and running at least a tank of fuel through the car and the results were the same. It's a sample size of one with no real details available on their testing method but the results give me pause.
Its 3inch premium stainless so max flow. Wonā€™t be much power gain if any without a downpipe. That said, you would need a hi flow exhaust if you get a downpipe which is next on the list. Hoping Hondata has custom tuning maps for it soon and PRL comes out with an i take.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
So this is a clip but in person its had much more depth and bass. Growly in the best way. On startup the valve is open initially then you can hear it close.

Last edited:

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Ceramic coat on top of ppf. Three hours after I pulled i to my garage out of the rain lol.

11th Gen Honda Civic Official SONIC GRAY PEARL FL5 Type R Photos Thread IMG_3328

And the next morning, its still thereā€¦

11th Gen Honda Civic Official SONIC GRAY PEARL FL5 Type R Photos Thread IMG_3329

Last edited:

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
Great photo.
:nixon: Thanks! I see ur in GA as well. Havenā€™t seen another FL5 driving around yet but there is a BB who Iā€™ve seen twice in my parking deck, think heā€™s just in town for business tho. Maybe weā€™ll see you on the road sometime!

Drew30101

First Name
Cordell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic si
:nixon: Thanks! I see ur in GA as well. Havenā€™t seen another FL5 driving around yet but there is a BB who Iā€™ve seen twice in my parking deck, think heā€™s just in town for business tho. Maybe weā€™ll see you on the road sometime!
I believe I have seen the BB type r as well.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I believe I have seen the BB type r as well.
I have yet to see another FL5 on the road in GA. The only two I've seen in person were the Boost Blue FL5s for sale at Curry Honda in Chamblee. I did come come back to this one day...
11th Gen Honda Civic Official SONIC GRAY PEARL FL5 Type R Photos Thread 20230413_115109_edited

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
@Drew30101 @Clark_Kent Georgia represent! :headbang: If we get a few more guys on here fr the area we should schedule a Southeast meet up, maybe next Autumn.

Nice! Squad Goals šŸ† @Clark_Kent I parked right next to the BB and wondered if he was excited to see another FL5 or hating lol. I donā€™t think heā€™s on the forums, he never responded to my photo.
I have yet to see another FL5 on the road in GA. The only two I've seen in person were the Boost Blue FL5s for sale at Curry Honda in Chamblee. I did come come back to this one day...
20230413_115109_edited.jpeg

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
20230413_115109_edited.jpeg
after exactly 1/2 year, I've finally ran into a SGP on the US80 (near Berkeley) last week.
Sponsored