• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Kevv_Her

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2018 Type R, 2013 Civic Ex
I feel like the red is really close to the seats but not 100% I mean for my OCD, its pretty close. I feel like the seatbelts, the seatbelt holder clip and the seats all have varying shades of red from one another but it all still matches well. I think someone mentioned earlier either here or on FB that honda sources their material from a 3rd party now so the colors are very difficult to 100% match. The quality is definitely top notch and colors blend so well, I don't really notice any variation.

This made me want to go ahead and do the A pillars next. I'll be doing that soon. I'd do this 10 out of 10 times. If anyone does it, they won't regret the quality for sure.
I have the overland design alcantara a-pillars currently in my FK8 and absolutely love the look. gives the car a much more "high end" look.
Sponsored

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Sweet. Definitely my next interior purchase.

I have the overland design alcantara a-pillars currently in my FK8 and absolutely love the look. gives the car a much more "high end" look.

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
I have the sonax cleaner and to be honest, the shifter plate area never gets touched. Armrest gets all the action. I had the shifter wings on my fk8 and they never got dirty. I’m sure with regular upkeep it’ll be fine though. I definitely wouldn’t have done it had my fingers been constantly touching it though.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
It looks good, but I caution everyone that Alcantara is a pain in the ass to clean. I wish the center console was hard plastic, because the oils from resting my arm on it will eventually discolor it.

I highly recommend spraying protectant on any Alcantara surfaces before they get soiled. I used this as a protector:
https://www.pinnaclewax.com/pbl-alcantara-protectant.html

If your Alcantara is already soiled, buy a soft hair brush and this product to clean it. But make sure to clean the whole area, because if you spot clean it, that spot will look different (the joys of Alcantara).
https://www.sonaxusa.com/upholstery-alcantara-cleaner.html

Standard maintenance cleaning, I just use a microfiber damp with ONR & warm water, and GENTLY rub all the Alcantara. Then I use my soft brush to stand the fibers up. I do this probably once a month.

It looks awesome, but is a pain to upkeep compared to other interior surfaces. Just wanted to make sure everyone is aware- especially since some of you have it by the cup holders now (prime spill spot).
This is a good call out. Alcantara is a beast to maintain which is why I wanted to limit the Alcantara bits on the inside. While I do have the OEM Alcantara steering wheel and the JDM shift boot, I have my fill of Alcantara. Also, the products you mention and the cleaning methods are right on. Thanks for sharing.

FL5 CTR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Maybe I just haven’t piled enough miles on Alcantara, but I had an alcantara steering wheel in my previous GT4, and after almost 19k miles it still looked great. Something about a suede wheel makes a car feel so much more special…

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I went with the same setup in mine, he does very nice work.

Interestingly, the reason for the slight color discrepancy is that Honda does not use genuine Alcantara any longer, they use a third party material that is not available for purchase elsewhere.
That's interesting because the OEM Alcantara Steering Wheel option is made of Alcantara the actual brand, not the material.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Maybe I just haven’t piled enough miles on Alcantara, but I had an alcantara steering wheel in my previous GT4, and after almost 19k miles it still looked great. Something about a suede wheel makes a car feel so much more special…
I agree with the special look and feel of an Alcantara wheel. How well it holds up depends on how you treat it. Cheeto fingers and filthy hands will ruin the wheel super quick. :)

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
You haven't lived until you've eaten cheetos while driving a type r with alcantara wheel lol

I agree with the special look and feel of an Alcantara wheel. How well it holds up depends on how you treat it. Cheeto fingers and filthy hands will ruin the wheel super quick. :)

LouisianaR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Looks nice but if it’s not built to order this shouldn’t take weeks… if you have to send in a core the new product should be sent out the day they receive yours. I also think it should be double stitched like the console lid so it looks OEM.

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
ups shipping delayed on both sides of the ball so that took 1/3 of the time. I shipped it out on a Thursday evening. UPS didn’t even ship it from my town until Friday night. Item doesn’t move all weekend because “UPS” then the item is delayed another 2 days when it reaches 1 hour from my house. Product from overland was fast and done right. UPS was the slow turnaround time. Not at fault of me or overland so that’s not a fair assessment. The turn around time they get is 2-3 days and they tell you that in an email. Not sure what you’re expecting, especially with quality pieces. Buying the part from them directly can get it to you faster but at 3x the price. You’re welcome to do that. With a little patience you can save a lot of money. To each his own I guess.

Looks nice but if it’s not built to order this shouldn’t take weeks… if you have to send in a core the new product should be sent out the day they receive yours. I also think it should be double stitched like the console lid so it looks OEM.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
So glad I went through with this. Took couple weeks between shipping mine out to them and getting it back but it was well worth it!

IMG_2543.jpeg

IMG_2544.jpeg

IMG_2545.jpeg

IMG_2546.jpeg

70484176918__0BC0183E-3F40-4403-87EA-F48435B59556.jpeg

70484178229__BF161CFB-CF1B-44ED-9B07-F80EB0A1FF74.jpeg

70484179226__738614C1-29BD-4CDE-B7EF-D57AC81534E4.jpeg

70484182731__589490A9-63C2-4E19-A568-9FA01FDFCB69.jpeg
Got to send me the link, this is sweet .... please, if you can.

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
overlanddesigns.com is their website. Shoot them an email. If you want the exact same thing, just email them a picture of mine and say you want same thing. Or you can ask them for different setup. They’ll email you a price and instructions and what to do.

Got to send me the link, this is sweet .... please, if you can.

Phil Devtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Sierra Denali/'22 Yukon Denali/'22 X5/'23 FL5
Here’s 1 more pic this morning showing a side angle.

IMG_2554.jpeg
This angle definitely reinforces the need for double stitching. I think it would look more seamless. Wonder if they would be willing to make that modification for those who want it like that...

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
I love that Raceseng Stratose shift knob. I think Honda was supposed to have a similar shift knob that was shown in a bunch of press photos, but I don't think it ever became available.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
This angle definitely reinforces the need for double stitching. I think it would look more seamless. Wonder if they would be willing to make that modification for those who want it like that...
now that i look at it, i think the single-stitching is to match the inner console -- where it bumps up against the phone charger area -- that appears to be OEM single-stitched if you look closely.
Sponsored