• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Overland Designs Red Armrest & Shiftboot

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
That looks great… arm rest is a really nice touch!:headbang:

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Decided to go red with the shift boot and armrest from Overland. Top notch work.

IMG_6409.jpeg

IMG_6408.jpeg

IMG_6410.jpeg
Did you get the full package on the shiftboot with the mount and boot retainer or swap them from the OEM boot? If you did the swap, was it hard to do?

OP
OP
FL5 CTR

FL5 CTR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Did you get the full package on the shiftboot with the mount and boot retainer or swap them from the OEM boot? If you did the swap, was it hard to do?
I swapped it out. It was very easy. Just make sure you have a stapler - you need to staple the new boot to the mount - and also something you can use to pull the old staples out with. I just used a standard stapler, but I doubled up on the staples.

You also need a zip tie to attach the boot to the retainer. The stock zip tie has a very small head on it. If you only have zip ties with large heads, it'll stick out and press on the boot. I also filed down the clipped end so that it wasn't sharp and potentially punctured the boot.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I swapped it out. It was very easy. Just make sure you have a stapler - you need to staple the new boot to the mount - and also something you can use to pull the old staples out with. I just used a standard stapler, but I doubled up on the staples.

You also need a zip tie to attach the boot to the retainer. The stock zip tie has a very small head on it. If you only have zip ties with large heads, it'll stick out and press on the boot. I also filed down the clipped end so that it wasn't sharp and potentially punctured the boot.
Great recommendations and insights. Looks excellent think I need to place my order for the red on red boot :)

OP
OP
FL5 CTR

FL5 CTR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
No problem! I'm now tempted to pull the door cards off and have all of the material replaced with red lol.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Based on the photos it appears the Overland material has a higher pile than the OEM Alcantara. Is this intended to be an identical match to the OEM material?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Alcantara makes different configurations (foam lined and multi-layer, for a couple of examples), but it all starts with the same basic Alcantara, is my understanding. I don’t think there are different types of pile. My guess is that the OEM stuff is a little bit stretched and matted from the manufacturing process of the arm rests, seats, etc. Seems reasonable anyway.

OP
OP
FL5 CTR

FL5 CTR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Yeah, I remember reading on here that it’s apparently impossible to get ahold of the identical fabric that’s in the car. This is not a 100% perfect match, but it’s pretty darn close, and it’s a higher quality material IMO.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
The OEM stuff isn't Alcantara.
That's not entirely correct. The Genuine Honda OEM Parts & Accessories item Alcantara Steering Wheel (Part #08U97-T60-110) and Shift Boot (Part #83443-T60-J21ZA) offered in the JDM, UK and other markets are Alcantara. All other suede like materials are not which makes sense in a $45K car.
Sponsored