• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

P0335 on cold days after stall and during idle

openeyesignal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 CRV
Hi,

It's fucking cold here in Colorado, single digit F, and I've had some very weird issues. Today after taking off the car shortly after it was started throws all the electrical errors (no assisted cruise control, no brake assist, no lane change etc) and emissions issue/rev match turned off. This happened just as I put the car in neutral and coasted to a traffic light.

I had this issue the day before when and had the code read by a honda dealer and just cleared it for now since nothing seemed off.

The code reader shows P0335, the electrical systems had reset after a bit more driving and some on/off.

I'm bringing it in next week so they can have a closer look. My guess is that the battery is not handling these temperatures well.

I've also noticed in these temperatures that the clutch is a bit more sluggish, probably because the fluid is not as viscous as it normally is.
Sponsored

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Hard to tell from the title but are you saying the check engine light came on after you stalled the car or the car stalled on it's own?

OP
OP
openeyesignal

openeyesignal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 CRV
First time was after it stalled. The last two times it has come on on it's own.

I dropped it off at the dealership, hopefully they can fix whatever is causing it.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Gotcha. Was asking because I’ve seen cars set crankshaft position codes from people stalling them. Keep us updated on what the dealer says.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
You’re stalling it wrong.
Sponsored