• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Phearable Stage 2 ECU tune review

OP
OP
Aero1900

Aero1900

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
Thanks! I just wanted to make sure it was possible to run that tune with stock modifications.

How is it going for you now? is it running smoothly and no problems?
Oh yes, you can run the tune without any mods.

The car has been running perfectly. I highly recommend the tune.

I am going to get the PRL intercooler and intake but I track my car and live in the heat
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Oh yes, you can run the tune without any mods.

The car has been running perfectly. I highly recommend the tune.

I am going to get the PRL intercooler and intake but I track my car and live in the heat
What are the highlights of the tune?

OP
OP
Aero1900

Aero1900

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
What are the highlights of the tune?
First of all, it runs perfectly. Starts exactly the same, idles perfectly smooth. There's absolutely no indication that any kind of non factory mods are present. It's professional and that means a lot to me.

It's substantially more powerful now. No question. I used to live in Colorado (thin air) and had tuned some GTIs in the past. You really could hardly tell they had been tuned. You would do a couple pulls and think "yeah, I guess it feels faster"

Not here. My Type R feels like it's a whole class above in power from before. It pulls much harder. It's still very smooth and consistent feeling. The pull at 4k rpm feels like a different car.

My neighbor is looking up get rid of his 2022 M3 and he wanted me to buy his car. I took it for a drive the other night (manual trans, non competition pack M3) and it really didn't feel much faster than the Phearable Type R. Not sold on the M3.... that's how good it is.

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
So this tune is completely different than hondata but utilizes the flashpro for the tuning? I’m sorry, I’m pretty new to all of this.

OP
OP
Aero1900

Aero1900

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
So this tune is completely different than hondata but utilizes the flashpro for the tuning? I’m sorry, I’m pretty new to all of this.
Exactly right.

Phearable is its own ecu software. But you can use a Hondata device to load it. I'm no expert though on how it actually gets loaded onto the ECU as I was lucky enough to have the owner of Phearable as a near neighbor and he did it at my house! Pure luck on my part

CaryH

Banned
Banned
First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
just ordered the stage 2 tune from phearable, tune and I was wondering how to take the email file and download the tune to the flashpro progrm they do send directions yes? I've managed to download the hondata 93 oct tune but it was already in the flashpro file..im not to computer savy.
Sponsored