• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Werenā€™t they doing some proto testing on a hvi a couple weeks ago?

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2000,2017 hatch sport
Patient guys. You want good product that's work 100%? we just have to wait

TK23-FL5

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FL5
ordered my intercooler and front pipe yesterday.... need the HVI and inlet pipe as well as the rest of the parts to be released..... this is a painful wait!!!! ordering P700 next!!! Garage is gonna look like a PRL parts store šŸ˜•

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
ordered my intercooler and front pipe yesterday.... need the HVI and inlet pipe as well as the rest of the parts to be released..... this is a painful wait!!!! ordering P700 next!!! Garage is gonna look like a PRL parts store šŸ˜•
Im surprised anyone upgrades the turbo. Id be straight up afraid that 700 would blow the engine.

TK23-FL5

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FL5
Im surprised anyone upgrades the turbo. Id be straight up afraid that 700 would blow the engine.
ima ask forgiveness guy.... somebody has to take the hit.... PRL isnt the company that puts it out if it doesnt work or is gonna blow up your ride. Now the challenge is what not to do once its in.... :cool:

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
There is certainly nothing dangerous about a P700 turbocharger, but as with any upgrade of this sort the most important thing to keeping your engine safe is a tune from someone that knows what they are doing. Weā€™ve already pushed our stock block FL5 past 500whp and are looking for more. šŸŽ

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
There is certainly nothing dangerous about a P700 turbocharger, but as with any upgrade of this sort the most important thing to keeping your engine safe is a tune from someone that knows what they are doing. Weā€™ve already pushed our stock block FL5 past 500whp and are looking for more. šŸŽ
From my vantage point its only a matter of time before we say ā€œthar she blowsā€ at that hp on stock internals but more than anything would love to be proven wrong with time.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
From my vantage point its only a matter of time before we say ā€œthar she blowsā€ at that hp on stock internals but more than anything would love to be proven wrong with time.
FL5 owners are in a great situation where we can continue building off of all of the things that FK8 owners learned in the years before us. This engine is not new. Yes it has limits but we have a pretty good idea of where they are at this point. We are probably more aggressive than the average owner but we do modify and tune with the goal of keeping the engine safe while having lots of fun with it.

All that being said, back to the topic at hand. I know that HVI testing continues at PRL and we look forward to their finished product. All of our testing and tuning has confirmed an intake restriction and we know this will prove to be a great solution.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
FL5 owners are in a great situation where we can continue building off of all of the things that FK8 owners learned in the years before us. This engine is not new. Yes it has limits but we have a pretty good idea of where they are at this point. We are probably more aggressive than the average owner but we do modify and tune with the goal of keeping the engine safe while having lots of fun with it.

All that being said, back to the topic at hand. I know that HVI testing continues at PRL and we look forward to their finished product. All of our testing and tuning has confirmed an intake restriction and we know this will prove to be a great solution.
Fair enough.

TK23-FL5

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FL5
I hope to be involved in that milestone. Iā€™m gonna push, it, but Iā€™m gonna push it the right way, safely.

TK23-FL5

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FL5
How is that?
See how far I can push the numbers. Just want to do it gradually. I think the issues come up when you get those increases and then you get a false sense of security or whatever and then get out there and wanna push it too quickly.

squeegie

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Luigi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
ima ask forgiveness guy.... somebody has to take the hit.... PRL isnt the company that puts it out if it doesnt work or is gonna blow up your ride. Now the challenge is what not to do once its in.... :cool:
im loving my P700 in my FL5.. feels great, need to dyno to see exactly what im running but i like it so far
Sponsored