• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Question ... Please - torn between 2022 Civic Hatch LX or 2022 Accord LX?

Sam80

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Hello,

I am torn between buying a 2022 Civic Hatch LX or 2022 Accord LX?

I will keep it little while and then sell ... which car you think is better buy and will hold value better?

I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks much
Sponsored

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 SGP FK7, ā€˜20 PWP FC1 si, ā€˜22 LSM FE2 (soon)
If Iā€™m torn between 2 things, and truly canā€™t decide, I just go with the cheaper option.

I donā€™t know all the extras on either, but Iā€™d assume the accord has more creature comforts standard.

I think Hondas in general hold their value well, civic might hold it a little better?

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Hello,

I am torn between buying a 2022 Civic Hatch LX or 2022 Accord LX?

I will keep it little while and then sell ... which car you think is better buy and will hold value better?

I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks much
The Accord is 3K more it's probably a better car. A Civic Hatch LX is 23K but a Civic Hatch Sport is 24K if you want a Civic I'd avoid the LX and go with the Sport.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
What the Accord has going for it is more rear passenger room, standard dual climate control, and 1.5T standard. If those aren't important, go with the Civic for hatch utility and newer Honda Sensing system. I agree about the Civic Sport for just 1k more. I think it'll hold more value and be more sought after than the LX.

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
The Civic is all new. The current Accord has been out since late 2017 and is likely in its last year before a new model arrives.

I would guess resale will be better with the Civic.

(Unless the next Accord is a total mess).

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Drive them both. See what you like better, the 1.5T or the 2.0 N/A bulletproof engine

OP
OP

Sam80

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
I already have 2022 Hatch sport touring .. the wife wants the other one ... she is more learning towards the hatch rather than accord so this solves a problem ... as far as the trim, I feel the LX will be a different car compared to the sport touring but if I get the sport, both will have the dark roof lining and so forth ... Also, she does not drive much so I think that will be her edge ... do i make any sense, or you all still feel the sport is better buy?

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
I already have 2022 Hatch sport touring .. the wife wants the other one ... she is more learning towards the hatch rather than accord so this solves a problem ... as far as the trim, I feel the LX will be a different car compared to the sport touring but if I get the sport, both will have the dark roof lining and so forth ... Also, she does not drive much so I think that will be her edge ... do i make any sense, or you all still feel the sport is better buy?
I would ask my wife which car she would feel happier with..but I'd have a list of the important differences between each car. For example, some of the differences between the Civic LX and Sport Hatch are:
LX
Possible unacceptable loud road noise

16 in Wheels
No smart entry
Low quality stereo
Sport
Possible unacceptable loud road noise
18 in wheels
Smart entry w/Walk Away Auto Lock
Not quite as low quality stereo, but still low
Leather wrapped steering wheel
Gloss-Black Power Side Mirrors
Matte-Black Upper Window Trim
Sport pedals

OP
OP

Sam80

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
I feel most of you do not like the LX trim in the 22 civic hatch ā€¦ right?

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
I can't take the vinyl steering wheel on the LX Accord. Hard and cheap feeling. If I got that I would swap out for the dealer installed Honda heated leather wheel. ($500+). Or have an upholstery shop leather wrap the wheel.

Haven't seen the wheel on the 2022 LX Civic. It's definitely vinyl. But don't know how it feels. My 2018 LX coupe has a thick and soft vinyl wheel that is quite comfortable.

Attachments

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
Iā€™d expect, dollar for dollar, the Civic in a desirable trim may have a lower depreciation (thus higher resale) than a base Accord.

I sat in an Accord when they were new for ā€˜17 or ā€˜18 and didnā€™t like it compared to the Civicā€¦ it didnā€™t even take a test drive. To me, theyā€™ve blown right past the midsized bracket and more more in the large car bracket. A Civic sedan is pretty firmly entrenched in the midsized bracket. It hasnā€™t been a compact car for me (and I think per the EPA sizing guidelines) since gen 8 if not gen 7.

Try them both. Get what you want. Driving a car you like less for a resale value you canā€™t be sure of in a couple of years is going to disappoint you in the short termā€¦ and maybe getting way disappointed in the long term when the trade/resale happens. You canā€™t control that. They one thing you can control is getting the car you prefer now.
Sponsored