• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Random Knock Control Spikes

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Been seeing this a lot lately, just spike to .7 earlier and the other night it jumped from .69 to mid .9's in a matter of seconds. I noticed before on my V2 that the knock count would flicker into the 1000s for just long enough to see it and go back to the single digit that it was at. Don't know if that could be causing it as this has happened while driving normally and no hard accelerations. I'm gonna grab a couple datalogs tomorrow on the way to work and home. Also don't know if I need to replace the knock sensor or check the wiring.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shankmeyster

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Well I changed out the spark plugs because of this and a hesitation issue that I have been having for months and now the K Control is locked at .49 and hesitation is basically gone. I wonder if I had a bad batch or possibly counterfeit NGKs in there. Was seeing misfires on 2 and 3 as well.