• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear bumper creaking noise

andyh96z

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sport Touring
I've noticed on my '22 ST when I lean in to the hatch area to get something out I hear a creaking sound coming from the rear bumper when I lean against it. Have the dealership check it out or don't worry about it?
Sponsored

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Foam insulation is used ahead of the metal bumper support, quite likely the source of the noise if you are pushing the vinyl up against the foam bar.

OP
OP
andyh96z

andyh96z

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sport Touring
Foam insulation is used ahead of the metal bumper support, quite likely the source of the noise if you are pushing the vinyl up against the foam bar.
I figured it wasn’t likely anything to worry about but it never hurts to ask. Thanks!

Wheats027

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Sport Touring / 18' Type R
Mine does this exact same thing. Just a little squeaking/creaking noise when some pressure is applied on/off of the bumper. I don't think much anything of it. I noticed it when washing and I run the sponge on the rear bumper. It takes a little bit of pressure, but like all cars the rear bumper gets very dirty and usually requires me to really utilize the sponge.

OP
OP
andyh96z

andyh96z

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sport Touring
Mine does this exact same thing. Just a little squeaking/creaking noise when some pressure is applied on/off of the bumper. I don't think much anything of it. I noticed it when washing and I run the sponge on the rear bumper. It takes a little bit of pressure, but like all cars the rear bumper gets very dirty and usually requires me to really utilize the sponge.
You are describing my experience exactly. Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored