• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear seat removal = weight reduction

OP
OP
LeoA86

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Best weight reduction mod: fork put downs. Only mod that keeps money in your pocket

lol jk Thank you for the high quality photos and driving assessment.
I’m trying, I’ll get under 200 again 😎
Sponsored

OP
OP
LeoA86

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Yeah I'll do that for 24 hrs screw it. :D

OP
OP
LeoA86

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Add forged rims and titanium exhaust = stage 2 weight reduction. Id steer clear of the lithium battery though.
They make a titanium exhaust for this car already?

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Water fast for a couple of weeks, will drop weight like there is no tomorrow. Tried it once for cleansing/flushing out toxins, got down to like 130 lbs, never again lol.

holland1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
Is there enough room to lay diagonally or do I need to remove the passenger seat too before I go full on vanlife?

OP
OP
LeoA86

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Is there enough room to lay diagonally or do I need to remove the passenger seat too before I go full on vanlife?
Depending how tall you are I would say 6ft or less you can. But it's not flush so you would need like a comforter etc.

First Name
Hong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Best weight reduction mod: fork put downs. Only mod that keeps money in your pocket
...Just saying. I weight 130 so I am already ahead than most people in terms of car weight with the driver. People will think I am little crazy when I say this. It's nice to be thin and not carrying around weight for knees/back/ankles. My whole family and generations has zero joint issues. Eat less and stay thin, it's the way to go long term.

I also only keep a tiny bit of windshield washer fluid, always less than half tank of gas. Next thing is a lithium battery when I save enough money. Then wheels.

Last edited:

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I also only keep a tiny bit of windshield washer fluid, always less than half tank of gas. Next thing is a lithium battery when I save enough money. Then wheels.
Bro, you are military about your lightweightedness. IMO I'd get wheels before the lithium battery, if at all. I was looking into lithium and other lightweight race batteries for my Spyder, but I concluded that the reliability and winter CCA's for those lighter batteries isn't worth the weight savings.

First Name
Hong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Bro, you are military about your lightweightedness. IMO I'd get wheels before the lithium battery, if at all. I was looking into lithium and other lightweight race batteries for my Spyder, but I concluded that the reliability and winter CCA's for those lighter batteries isn't worth the weight savings.
I hear ya, I have them speced out, should be 9.5 lbs saved each corner.
Sponsored