• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Release date guesses?

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
DCT on Si = Acura ILX
There’s little reason for the ILX to exist if Honda puts DCT into Si.
Sponsored

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
DCT on Si = Acura ILX
There’s little reason for the ILX to exist if Honda puts DCT into Si.
I agree 100%, if the current ILX were to keep it's current pricing. But the all new Acura compact sedan coming within a year is most likely going to command a price between $31-34k before adding something like the A-Spec package. Compared to a $26k civic Si... that's not exactly a reasonable price to pay just for an automatic version of the same car... let's not forget the Acura will also offer things like SH-AWD that the Si won't have on offer, further spacing them apart as direct rivals to eachother.

If the ILX replacement were to keep that low starting point (under $28k) the current car has then 100% yes, agree, totally, and I would happily go for the Acura instead of the Honda as it'll probably have worlds better styling. But the new ILX replacement is easily going to start creeping up on Type R money with only Si (or less) levels of performance. That's not a realistic premium to pay just to get an automatic.

Just because those 2 cars have been priced in the same ballpark for the last few years, doesn't mean that will continue forward given the TLX saw a $4500 price increase over the previous generation.

I completely agree that the ILX was probably one of the biggest obstacles in making an auto Si, but the new compact from Acura could drastically change that (or maybe not, we know zero about that model yet). Just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Yeah… really debating if I’m better off picking up a 2021 Sport Hatch now. Especially if power is the same. I guess you get better tech in the new one but with a more boring look.
I think this would be a great move. The 21 Sport Hatch has all the kinks worked out + 180HP Turbo. My question is will the 22 Sport Hatch come with a Turbo?
Sponsored