• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Release date guesses?

OP
OP

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX
So no xm, no power drivers seat, no fogs for the EX?? Wowza. I Bet the touring loses the heated rear seats too.

Si better have XM radio.
Yeah… really debating if I’m better off picking up a 2021 Sport Hatch now. Especially if power is the same. I guess you get better tech in the new one but with a more boring look.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
So I currently have an EX-L sedan. To me, that was the best value, feature for feature and was a poor man's Touring. The feature gap between the 11th EX and Touring looks huge.

Like somebody said earlier, I think Honda is hoping to push more people into Tourings. They've really neutered that EX.

My biggest gripe is why offer a "Sport" only in the weaker engine? I guess Honda feels it would overlap the Si, but not if a Sport 1.5T was offered with an automatic.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
So I currently have an EX-L sedan. To me, that was the best value, feature for feature and was a poor man's Touring. The feature gap between the 11th EX and Touring looks huge.

Like somebody said earlier, I think Honda is hoping to push more people into Tourings. They've really neutered that EX.

My biggest gripe is why offer a "Sport" only in the weaker engine? I guess Honda feels it would overlap the Si, but not if a Sport 1.5T was offered with an automatic.
I wonder if the Sport will offer the 2.0 and 1.5t engine options...

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL

The joke is LX is generally barebones, need a car level. Heck on the Accord LX you don't get Android Auto in the year 2021. It's the equivalent of a "old people trim".
The sport is basically equivalent to "stick the word sport on the car to appeal to young people" wanting a cheap car and we'll throw in a tiny bit more features like Android Auto to reel them in.

I don't think Honda is trying to push people in Tourings, it's just they are market segmenting too hard. They think people buy Civics because they are cheap and so they are primarily interested in pushing the LX and Sport Trims. And that anyone with money would look at Accords instead. I for one say feck Accords because they are sized like boomeryachts.

It's sad that Honda is pushing 18in wheels for the Touring trim, I totally want to get one in a few years but 18in wheels are an absolute NO in NY, I would go broke replacing the rims every day due to potholes.

Last edited:

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
The joke is LX is generally barebones, need a car level. Heck on the Accord LX you don't get Android Auto in the year 2021. It's the equivalent of a "old people trim".
The sport is basically equivalent to "stick the word sport on the car to appeal to young people" wanting a cheap car and we'll throw in a tiny bit more features like Android Auto to reel them in.

I don't think Honda is trying to push people in Tourings, it's just they are market segmenting too hard. They think people buy Civics because they are cheap and so they are primarily interested in pushing the LX and Sport Trims. And that anyone with money would look at Accords instead. I for one say feck Accords because they are sized like boomeryachts.
Yet the Civic LX and Sport represent 75% of Civic sales. These buyers are not even willing to splurge a bit more for the EX. While I am also not interested in the entry models we are definitely in the small minority.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing

It's sad that Honda is pushing 18in wheels for the Touring trim, I totally want to get one in a few years but 18in wheels are an absolute NO in NY, I would go broke replacing the rims every day due to potholes.
Aa/Ac is standard on all Accords including the LX model.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Yet the Civic LX and Sport represent 75% of Civic sales. These buyers are not even willing to splurge a bit more for the EX. While I am also not interested in the entry models we are definitely in the small minority.
Agreed! I wonder what the trim break down is for the Accord and CRV?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the numbers posted are just Honda's estimate on 11th gen sales. I don't see how they think 43% of the sales will be 2.0NA Sport models. Most enthusiasts would prefer the higher powered turbo. I still think the LX will be the top seller.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I think the numbers posted are just Honda's estimate on 11th gen sales. I don't see how they think 43% of the sales will be 2.0NA Sport models. Most enthusiasts would prefer the higher powered turbo. I still think the LX will be the top seller.
Well enthusiasts dont make up the majority of sales so there's that. Also considering the car is CVT only and the Sport trim is basically an appearance pkg, most buyers buying the Civic sedan are just looking for a good reliable sedan...the SI/Type R are for the "enthusiasts " I think Honda has probably gotten the sales mix about right...they know they're customers better than we enthusiasts do. I see way way more Sport Accords and Civics on the road than I do LX (ESPECIALLY the Accords) EX/EXL or Tourings.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well enthusiasts dont make up the majority of sales so there's that.
That being my point. The average owner looking for a cheap, reliable sedan probably isn't into 18" black wheels and such. Which is why I'd be surprised if the Sport was the top seller. Time will tell.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
That being my point. The average owner looking for a cheap, reliable sedan probably isn't into 18" black wheels and such. Which is why I'd be surprised if the Sport was the top seller. Time will tell.
Honda’s estimates are likely based on 10th gen trim sales. I suspect actual sales will be very close to their projections.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Well thats why the LX and EX exist. My hunch is that the average Sport buyer is someone in there 20s or 30s who likes the sportier looks of the Sport. Same deal with the Accord Sport...1600 for nicer wheels more content and better seats? Its a no brainer. The Sport is for the buyer who doesn't need a the fancy stuff but doesnt exactly want a base trim. Its a great value for the average consumer thats why the current one sales so well and why the new one will likely remain the best seller. The Sport buyer is not exactly an enthusiasts but someone who likes a little style in their ride. I have no doubt it will outsell the EX and Touring...LX may be closer give or take.

Last edited:

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Honda’s estimates are likely based on 10th gen trim sales. I suspect actual sales will be very close to their projections.
Exactly...hence the reason why the EXL is gone...Honda knows what sales...they have the data...we have...assumptions? Lol