• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Replacement Bypass Valve?

DeathB4Dishonr

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Does anyone know of any replacements for the OEM bypass valve? Just looking to do some preventative maintenance. I've had a BPV on a car in the past and know they are prone to tearing.
Sponsored

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
RV6 makes one, but does not recommend it for the OEM turbo since you should not be pushing enough boost to need it. Previously had to order it separate of the turbo, but now they come standard on new turbos they sell.

OP
OP
DeathB4Dishonr

DeathB4Dishonr

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
RV6 makes one, but does not recommend it for the OEM turbo since you should not be pushing enough boost to need it. Previously had to order it separate of the turbo, but now they come standard on new turbos they sell.
I actually emailed them to ask about it today. They told me it should be fine on the stock turbo as long as it's mounted correctly. They did warn that it might cause a CEL that has to be cleared through Hondata.

As far as I am aware, they are the only ones making a BPV replacement. I don't have my ECU jailbroken yet so this will have to wait. And since I don't have my ECU tuned yet, it isn't a huge priority. It's just preventative maintenance for peace of mind.
Sponsored