• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Emergency help for FL5 tire replacement

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Hey guys, last night my left rear tire got ripped and now I'm stranded in Kayenta, Arizona. Does anyone have any recommendations for any emergency spare tire replacement? I don't have a spare tire but I'm looking to see if any common car's rims fit the Type R so that I can find it faster. As expected a Type R wheel is difficult to find especially in a small town. With today being a Sunday and tomorrow being MLK day, I just want to get home and any spare tire would do as a temporary solution as long as it fits. Please suggest. Thanks.
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
You're in a bad way as there isn't much in northeast AZ. I suggest finding a tire shop in the closest city (maybe Durango or Flagstaff) that has the same or similar tire size in stock (don't worry about brand), have the vehicle towed to the location, and have the new tire fitted to the car. Before departing, I would make certain the shop has the tire in stock. Ask for them to send you a photo, pay for it in advance if possible, and have them pull it as sold with your name on it. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
Dealerships should be open MLK day. Did you get tire and wheel when you picked up your car? They should be able to get you going

OP
OP
VPMotors

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the advice guys. As of yet I'm still stuck but I believe a Honda Pilot or Acura RL/TLX donut spare should fit it considering that the bolt pattern matches. Just worried about the offset. The local tire shop guy is still looking for any spares he can find which might fit. If not today, I hope MLK day doesn't leave me stranded tomorrow. Also does Honda roadside assistance provide a rental? If push comes to shove I can have it towed to Flagstaff which is the nearest Honda dealership, get a rental until they order the tire/get it fixed. Got work on Tuesday.

OP
OP
VPMotors

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealerships should be open MLK day. Did you get tire and wheel when you picked up your car? They should be able to get you going
What are you referring to when you say tire and wheel? Do you mean the spare tire kit? I don't have one.

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
No. I have a tire and wheel protection package as a warranty. Curb a wheel. Get a new one. Run something over and get a flat get it fixed or replaced

OP
OP
VPMotors

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. I have a tire and wheel protection package as a warranty. Curb a wheel. Get a new one. Run something over and get a flat get it fixed or replaced
I have the rim package. Not sure if it covers the tire

d34lyfe

First Name
Durs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
You can run an alternative sized tire if it helps you locate one near there... I run 255/35/R19 which is a more common size and gives me a bit more sidewall. This is on my DE5 which shares the same wheel size. Note that the speedometer will be slightly off when you change it but mine is minimal at 2%.

255-275 width fits the wheels
30-35 profile
R19 is fixed.

good luck.

d34lyfe

First Name
Durs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
One more thing to add if you want to go the wheel replacement route... most bmw wheels have the same bolt pattern 5x120. Not sure if you will need lug centric rings or not.

If your exiting wheels are in good shape, I'd just get some new rubber on it. Switch both rears or ideally all 4.

MYK20C1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 type R SGP; 2018 Clarity Touring
Hey guys, last night my left rear tire got ripped and now I'm stranded in Kayenta, Arizona. Does anyone have any recommendations for any emergency spare tire replacement? I don't have a spare tire but I'm looking to see if any common car's rims fit the Type R so that I can find it faster. As expected a Type R wheel is difficult to find especially in a small town. With today being a Sunday and tomorrow being MLK day, I just want to get home and any spare tire would do as a temporary solution as long as it fits. Please suggest. Thanks.
Look for 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern and you are home free. 18 inch works fine!

MYK20C1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're in a bad way as there isn't much in northeast AZ. I suggest finding a tire shop in the closest city (maybe Durango or Flagstaff) that has the same or similar tire size in stock (don't worry about brand), have the vehicle towed to the location, and have the new tire fitted to the car. Before departing, I would make certain the shop has the tire in stock. Ask for them to send you a photo, pay for it in advance if possible, and have them pull it as sold with your name on it. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
I purchased the spare tire kit from Honda for such situation. Hate cars without spares! Should at least have a donut!

MYK20C1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I stand corrected 5x120! Sorry
Sponsored