• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Emergency help for FL5 tire replacement

OP
OP
VPMotors

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Thanks for the help guys! I made it home! Had to go to a small town 70 miles away but the local tire shop guys were very nice and drove me there for a reasonable amount. Got the only 265/30/19 tire (OEM size) in entire Northern Arizona for the day. It's a Nexen tire so I'm going to use the tire and rim protection package to get myself a new rim and PS4S tire and keep the Nexen as a full size spare. As of now rhe TPMS light came on a couple of times so I will fill it with air at the recommended pressures tomorrow when they're cold. Lesson learnt! Keep a spare people!
Sponsored

OP
OP
VPMotors

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, how do I claim the tire and rim warranty? Anyone done it before?

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Depends on the warranty. Its probably something you'll need to reach out to the dealer for if it's specific to them, but should look up any paperwork they gave you on it.

Last edited:

gryphongod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5 #10837
I have the wheel protection package from the dealer sold me backed by Allstate. You send a copy of it to the repair shop of your choice and they are supposed to make a claim. I got a new PS4S tire and a wheel repair covered through it last year.

OP
OP
VPMotors

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the wheel protection package from the dealer sold me backed by Allstate. You send a copy of it to the repair shop of your choice and they are supposed to make a claim. I got a new PS4S tire and a wheel repair covered through it last year.
I got one by "Drivant" and the only thing I'm worried about is that it isn't the "tire and wheel with cosmetic repair" but the "tire and wheel". I'll probably get a tire but since the rim is holding air I am worried that they might not replace the rim (which was cosmetically damaged because of the tire blowout and not any kerbing). Any suggestions on the same?

gryphongod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5 #10837
I got one by "Drivant" and the only thing I'm worried about is that it isn't the "tire and wheel with cosmetic repair" but the "tire and wheel". I'll probably get a tire but since the rim is holding air I am worried that they might not replace the rim (which was cosmetically damaged because of the tire blowout and not any kerbing). Any suggestions on the same?
I yea, the one I have is like a "plus" package that includes cosmetic repair, so I can get a repair done whenever. I think mine only covers up to $200/wheel for repair, and the place I used charges $250 (they do good work), so I footed $50 myself. They did cover the whole tire though which was much more expensive, though apparently my shop said they had to really convince them that that size tire went on a Civic 😂 .
Sponsored