• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Return of the Rattles!

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017

Dislikes
- Infotainment screen rattles/Seat belt rattles
- Road noise worse(73 DB is unacceptable!) than Elantra & Mazda 3
- No lumbar support on any trim
- Leather seats not ventilated
- No heated steering wheel in U.S.
- Back seats not heated in U.S.
- Horn sucks
- Excellent back seat leg room
- Great trunk space
- Bose 12 Speaker in Touring
- Wireless Car Play/Charging Apple/Android(Touring only?)
- Walk Away Auto Lock(Touring only?)
My take: I'm tired of loud road noise, this can be a deal breaker. Annoying rattles means wait until year 2 or longer. Fantastic compact car but would really like something quieter.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
T

Dislikes
- Horn sucks
- Great trunk space
My take: I'm tired of loud road noise, this can be a deal breaker. Annoying rattles means wait until year 2 or longer. Fantastic compact car but would really like something quieter.
The lumbar support is criminal. It’s one of the biggest complaints of my 10th gen and reason why I’m moving to Acura.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Cabin noise came up in the Car and Driver sound test results as well. The Civic tied the Sentra as loudest while cruising and was 2nd loudest at full throttle. It looks like this wasn’t resolved from the 10th gen.

OP
OP
ebhaynz

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Cabin noise came up in the Car and Driver sound test results as well. The Civic tied the Sentra as loudest while cruising and was 2nd loudest at full throttle. It looks like this wasn’t resolved from the 10th gen.
I just can't deal with loud road noise anymore, listening to the stereo or talking to someone on the phone and/or passenger is a good portion of the driving experience. There's no excuse for this Honda, after all we're well into the 21st Century.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I just can't deal with loud road noise anymore, listening to the stereo or talking to someone on the phone and/or passenger is a good portion of the driving experience. There's no excuse for this Honda, after all we're well into the 21st Century.
What road noise? I can't hear any of that in my 2020 Si, it's drowned out by the buzzing sounds coming from the moonroof and A pillars.

loslalane

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
What road noise? I can't hear any of that in my 2020 Si, it's drowned out by the buzzing sounds coming from the moonroof and A pillars.
Yeah my 2020 si same from the moonroof shade area

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
The lack of lumber support is a feature... You're just sitting in it wrong... /s

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Yeah my 2020 si same from the moonroof shade area
My 19 EX coupe has a ceiling rattle too... doesn't seem to be the moonroof, as poking around at that doesn't seem to fix it, it's more back in the dome light area. I also have a pretty bad rattle in the dash where the LKAS and Traction control buttons are, but it seems to only rattle at low speed on rough roads. Had a rear deck rattle for a bit, but that seems to have resolved itself.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX

Dislikes
- Horn sucks
- Great trunk space
I have two things to say. First, I am disappointed that Honda STILL did not fix the interior rattle issues from the previous gen. Secondly, would it really hurt if Honda could at least put in a little bit more soundproofing? Mazda used to make cars with loud road noise. if they improved sound proofing then Honda can too.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I find my Si to be extremely quiet, even my wife says it is very quiet and she is very picky about loud cars. Speaking on the phone to people and they tell me it is very clear and quiet. I should try to measure noise next time I am driving. I am on winter tires too, and they tend to be more noisy than all seasons. I don't have any rattles yet, I've had the car for 4 weeks. I would think the Si is more noisy than the Touring, but just guessing. I just traded in my 2020 Subaru Impreza sedan for the Civic, and the Civic is quieter for sure. The Si is a sedan, not sure if there is a difference between sedans or hatches in terms of noise ?

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I have heard an occasional rattle, which sounds like it is coming from the instrument cluster. But when I put my head by the cluster the sound is not heard. As I move my head back towards the seat the rattle is heard. I then put my hand on the headliner near the driver side sun visor and the noise stops. It is a very faint rattle, it comes and goes , and it has to do with the headliner. The sound sometimes projects itself to other areas like the dashboard area but it is from the headliner. I will monitor it for the next while, it is a very minor issue.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Wow! I had walk away auto lock and keyless entry on my 20 Sport hatch. The fact that that is gone almost completely is INSANE! My WRX base is more quiet than my 10th and the seats are more comfortable as well, even without lumbar.
Sponsored

Last edited: